Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Punt
Bears punted once today. I know the front 7 is full of backups but still...one freaking punt. 

Vikings never led once...

I put $$$ on the Bears this week. Match-up didnt feel good, tracjectory of Zimmer's team didnt feel good and it's been a long time since the Vikings swept the Bears. I wasn't ever much of a believer this Zimmer team was even 7th seed in playoff's good. 

That said, I cant lay this all @ Zimmer's feet. Some could argue Mike may have done his best job coaching this year since 15.

This is one of his better teams offensively, but one of the worst he's had in terms of D personnel.  No, it is his worst since he inherited the team. 

They might get one more meaningless win vs Detroit, but I hope not for drafting sake. 

Colquitt only punted twice, guess that was the difference...or not.

Can’t play drfense in the NFL if you cant put pressure on the QB consistantly.

Just cant get off the field.

For Pete's sake there was NOT one player in the front 7 rotation yesterday who was a day one starter for the defense.   We are talking about 4 Pro Bowl players out:  Kendricks, Pierce, Hunter, and Barr.   Then you lose Its actually unreal the Vikings were in ANY games this year considering who they had to start on defense.  

Quote: @"Chuckf" said:
For Pete's sake there was NOT one player in the front 7 rotation yesterday who was a day one starter for the defense.   We are talking about 4 Pro Bowl players out:  Kendricks, Pierce, Hunter, and Barr.   Then you lose Its actually unreal the Vikings were in ANY games this year considering who they had to start on defense.  
Pete, if you read my original post I said I realize the front 7 was full of backups. It's still frustrating that you cannot get off the field vs Mitchell Trubisky

Quote: @"Chuckf" said:
It is week 15 every team has starters out.  Not like we just lost Hunter and Pierce, we have had all season to fill the gaps.  This is the NFL, just because you are playing backups at some positions does not mean you need to fall apart.  I would not expect to see the defense as good, however one punt bad agains the Bears?  That is inexcusable.  What is the excuse for our two high paid safeties and our other two DL?  

There is also no excuse for poor effort, guys were in position to make plays and did not make them all game, poor tackling technique and just really lack of any kind of passion on defense.  

Zimmer is like 2/8 against Nagy and LeFleur.

Thats the real story...

One punt in two games, yuck. Defense is completely depleted so it doesnt surprise me but I dont want a single starter back next year from that DL

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
One punt in two games, yuck. Defense is completely depleted so it doesnt surprise me but I dont want a single starter back next year from that DL
Johnson and Holmes shouldve legitimately been cut years ago