Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patricia/Quinn End of Days?
Deshaun Watson's 4 TDs lift Texans to 41-25 win over Lions
By LARRY LAGE Associated PressNovember 26, 2020 — 3:33pm
DETROIT — Deshaun Watson had a pair of go-ahead touchdown passes in the first half and threw for two more scores in the fourth quarter to help the Houston Texans pull away and beat the Detroit Lions 41-25 Thursday.

Texans star defensive end J.J. Watt had an early pick-6 and Will Fuller had six receptions for 171 yards and two touchdowns for the Texans (4-7), who have won two straight for the first time this season and three of their past four games with interim coach Romeo Crennel.
Detroit (4-7), which entered the game coming off a 20-0 loss at Carolina, might end the season with interim leaders after losing consecutive games for the third time this season, dropping coach Matt Patricia's record to 13-29-1 and general manager Bob Quinn's mark to 12 games under .500 over five seasons.
The Lions retained Patricia and Quinn for this season and ownership said there was an expectation they contend for the playoffs by playing in meaningful games in December. And, that seems highly unlikely.

Patricia was a questionable coaching hire to begin with...  there were rumblings from players about his coaching style in training camp before the Lions even took the field in Year 1. I'm actually surprised he lasted this long.

Ownership is dumb and gets wedded to the wrong guys.  They get the same results year after year.  Kinda like here.

The Lions are the worst run organization in football. See why HERE. 

I was dumbfounded when they fired Caldwell after going 9-7 his last season and I think even having a winning overall record there.

Just checked: Caldwell over 4 years went 36-28, or an average of 9-7 each year.  In DETROIT. So they fire him for Patricia, who's now 13-29-1 and counting.  One of the dumbest firings in NFL history.

Lions fire Matt Patricia, Bob Quinn
[Image: GettyImages-915493492-e1606592880830.jpg...316&crop=1]
Getty Images
Amid another losing season, Lions head coach Matt Patricia and General Manager Bob Quinn have both been fired.
The hammer came down two days after a disastrous loss to the Houston Texans on Thanksgiving dropped the Lions to 4-7 this season.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/28/lions-fire-matt-patricia-bob-quinn/

I just hope the Lions dont become that blind squirrel one of these days..

[Image: squir.jpeg]

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
I just hope the Lions dont become that blind squirrel one of these days..

[Image: squir.jpeg]
The Lions wouldn't know a nut from a noodle. 

The ground is disintegrating under  pace, nagy and tribitchky.