Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now, now...Everyone settle down
Quote: @Mike Olson said:
Oh and Tice said "Ok Calm Down..."
He also said, "Enjoy the Season" lol.

Quote: @Mike Olson said:
And then there's Trae Waynes.....
Which I've said since day one... Explosive diarrhea...

Waynes and Barr have a sinilar distain for contact. Barr being bigger and a LB forcing him into contact more often.

They dont really like throwing themselves into contact or near flying bodies. Waynes looked entirely disinterested in tackling Garcon after he got burned. His teammates flew in to make the tackle and he let off the gas and watched. He was trailing close enough to make a second effort when the dust settled.

How do you measure willingness to hit and tackle? Its probably the biggest attribute taken for granted. I dont mean "tackling" ability. "Sticking yourself in there" ability. 

When I played football, I always wanted to be hit rather than make the hit. I thought tackling "hurt" more than getting hit and hitting the ground (outside a round of "squares," which kinda feels the same regardless if you carry the ball lol). When going to tackle, I always hesitated a little. You have to have a lot of "crazy motherf***er" in you to be willing to take on the punishment that comes with punishing your opponent.

Waynes has to "get in there," whether its covering or jamming or filling a gap/lane and hitting people. 

If Barr is cutting any corners, its kinda there too. The "dirtier" he plays, the more stout our LB core seems to look. If he's trying to get out of the way and then make up for it with speed and agility, teams run all over us when they dial it up.

(My touchscreen has been sucking lately, sorry for typos)