Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL's five most underrated receiving corps in 2017
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ving-corps
1. Minnesota VikingsTop returning targets:
» Stefon Diggs (84 receptions, 903 yards, three touchdowns)
» Adam Thielen (69 receptions, 967 yards, five touchdowns)
» Laquon Treadwell* (1 reception, 15 yards)
Why are they underrated?
The Vikings led the league last year in cumulative catch percentage for a wide receiver. The intermediate air attack was definitely a contributing factor, but attributing that mark solely to the team's dink-and-dunk system doesn't fairly account for the fact that Diggs and Thielen (who caught 75 percent of the balls thrown their way) both adjusted to a new quarterback post-camp and a new offensive coordinator after just a few weeks. As for the asterisk (*), I decided to include Treadwell based on a conversation I had with outgoing Vikings receiver Cordarrelle Patterson, who told me at the Pro Bowl that offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur planned on utilizing his weapons more effectively in 2017. With an entire offseason under his belt as OC, Shurmur should be able to make the most of Treadwell's first-round talent.

If Diggs can stay healthy, and Treadwell steps up, that could be a decent trio. Maybe Adams surprises and works his way into the rotation.

Love me some Adams. Go get 'em kid.

It could be a really nice receiving core if Treadwell can man the outside with Adam and Diggs tears shit up in the slot. I am really looking forward to what this offense can do in 2017

I wonder if Hodges can be any kind of situational weapon this season in the red zone?

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I wonder if Hodges can be any kind of situational weapon this season in the red zone?

I like what I have read about Hodges. I will reserve judgment once I watch him play though