Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lol! Are the Vikings going to win this one?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"comet52" said:
One lucky win is all it takes for ownership to hand out extensions like candy.  Trick or treat, Viking fans.  
Hey Mr. Sad Sack, we are just enjoying a rare win in Green Bay. Even Zimmer said after the game he thought nothing was going to change as far as a rebuild year even with this win. 

My logical brain pushed for a loss but my fan heart just couldn't do it as I watched the game and cheered like hell as Minnesota pushed them around the line of scrimmage and ran it right up their asses. I guess what will be will be as far as a potential QB in the Draft goes, its out of my control anyway. I can talk on this board all week about what the team SHOULD do as far as tanking, but when it comes to game time I want them to win. 

[Image: Forgive-me-I-m-stupid?size=800]
Who said I didn't enjoy it?  But rare is the operative word in the Zimmer/Spielman era.  

I remember reading somewhere years ago that a survey was done where Viking fans were asked “ if you had a choice between the Vikings winning the super bowl but losing both games to GB or winning both games against GB but not making the super bowl, which would you choose.  It was only by the narrowest of margins that fans picked winning the super bowl. I was all in on just play this season out and let’s get a QB but during the game that all went out the window. That game felt really good.  And Wunom? Love ya and I’m going to learn to spell that name right!

Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
I remember reading somewhere years ago that a survey was done where Viking fans were asked “ if you had a choice between the Vikings winning the super bowl but losing both games to GB or winning both games against GB but not making the super bowl, which would you choose.  It was only by the narrowest of margins that fans picked winning the super bowl. 
I was all in on just play this season out and let’s get a QB but during the game that all went out the window. That game felt really good.  And Wunom? Love ya and I’m going to learn to spell that name right!
That's funny, a friend asked me a similar question this weekend. Would you rather...

1. Win the Super Bowl and then not make the playoffs for 10 years in a row....or
2. Make the playoffs 10 years in a row, but not win the Super Bowl in any of them. 

To me, the answer is obvious: #2. But I suspect a lot of Viking fans would disagree with me. 

Hmmm...

10 years of heartache? Or one grand year that I'll remember till I'm gone or my memory fades?

Not a difficult choice for me.