Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun season continues for 49'ers...
What a season for them:

San Francisco 49ers close facility one day before game after positive COVID-19 testOne day before they are scheduled to play, the San Francisco 49ers shut down their facility Wednesday following a player's positive COVID-19 test.
"The San Francisco 49ers were informed today that a player had tested positive for COVID-19 and the individual immediately went into self-quarantine," the team said in a statement. "Our organization has entered the NFL's intensive protocol and we are working with the league on contact tracing to identify high risk individuals. All team functions will be conducted virtually today.
"The health and safety of our players, staff and community are the organization's highest priority. We will continue to work closely with the NFL and medical professionals and will follow their direction."
Wide receiver Kendrick Bourne was the player who tested positive, his agent, Henry Organ, confirmed to NBC Sports Bay Area. Bourne is not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms at this time, Organ said.
The 49ers are set to play the Green Bay Packers on "Thursday Night Football" in a contest that remains on track to be played as scheduled, according to multiple reports. 
Packers running back AJ Dillon tested positive for coronavirus Sunday morningand was placed on the COVID-19 list on Monday. Running back Jamaal Williams and linebacker Kamal Martin joined him on that list after being deemed high-risk contacts. All three will miss Thursday's game.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nf...160861002/

kind of related,  but kind of not,  what is the point of game day testing if they dont get the results until after the game?  Last weekends game with the packers had a player test positive from the puke, but it wasnt known until after the game.    why not make sure the players are tested so that the results are know prior to the players assembling on game day?   if its a 8 hour turn around for the tests, then have the players test at 10pm the night before the game and that way the results are ready by 6AM before they boarding buses... or however much ahead of time it needs to be?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
kind of related,  but kind of not,  what is the point of game day testing if they dont get the results until after the game?  Last weekends game with the packers had a player test positive from the puke, but it wasnt known until after the game.    why not make sure the players are tested so that the results are know prior to the players assembling on game day?   if its a 8 hour turn around for the tests, then have the players test at 10pm the night before the game and that way the results are ready by 6AM before they boarding buses... or however much ahead of time it needs to be?
I dont get that either. And how many have been false positives league wide?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:

But if you test them the night before the game they could be clear - but go home to their families and be exposed before the game. Does that mean they are contagious to others during the game?
I've said this elsewhere, but I see the NFL setting up a bubble for the playoffs.

Quote: @"Jor-El" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:

But if you test them the night before the game they could be clear - but go home to their families and be exposed before the game. Does that mean they are contagious to others during the game?
I've said this elsewhere, but I see the NFL setting up a bubble for the playoffs.
they dont stay with their families before the games,  even the home teams stay in  a team hotel the night before the game IIRC.  wasnt it the teams hotel in Minneapolis that Ev went nuts at a couple years ago?  its pretty easy anyway, make them quarantine after their pre game test.   make a lot more sense than testing before the game and not getting the results until after.

The season after we get to the Superbowl there will be absolutely nothing that can disappoint me.

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
The season after we get to the Superbowl there will be absolutely nothing that can disappoint me.
Get to the SB and WIN IT...Already done the get to the SB and lose, more than once. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
@"FLVike" said:
Get to the SB and WIN IT...Already done the get to the SB and lose, more than once. 

After 45 years of frustration I have changed my goal. Winning the NFCC lights the fireworks and pops the champagne.

For last nights game, the Niners had $80.8 million dollars worth of salary on their IR list. That’s crazy...  :o 

If san Francisco gets another t Top 10,  pick, I'll lose my shit.