Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out coached again.
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yeah we lost in a painfully familiar way, and that totally flips the narrative of what really happened. But it shouldn't take away the fact that the Vikings have proven they can play with anyone. And they're not as bad as people think and they're nowhere near as bad as their record. 
Sure, OK, but "nowhere near as bad as their record" just means, "We're not terrible, we're mediocre!!"..? Tired of that. I'm sure you're right, they will crawl up to about 6-10 and then hold up that "improvement", and the injuries, and some losses like last night, and bring back the GM and coach and QB next year. Oh joy.

you had to know that was the plan as soon as they gave Cook his new deal.  The kid is a stud,   but this roster isnt ready to compete for a championship and by the time they get there Cousins, Rudy, Theilen, and Cook will all be past their prime IMO.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:

Yeah we lost in a painfully familiar way, and that totally flips the narrative of what really happened. But it shouldn't take away the fact that the Vikings have proven they can play with anyone. And they're not as bad as people think and they're nowhere near as bad as their record. 
Sure, OK, but "nowhere near as bad as their record" just means, "We're not terrible, we're mediocre!!"..? Tired of that. I'm sure you're right, they will crawl up to about 6-10 and then hold up that "improvement", and the injuries, and some losses like last night, and bring back the GM and coach and QB next year. Oh joy.

No it doesn't mean that at all. It means we're a pretty good team with a  young defense and a very good offense...and a very bad record. It's not unusual. Neither is the reverse. Last year the Packers were considered the worst 13 and 3 team in history. Right now, the Bears might be the worst 4-1 team in history. Good teams don't win and bad teams don't always lose.

I'll give another one. The Falcons are nowhere near as bad as their 0-5 record. Hey, and guess who we get next week. Truth be told, I'd rather play the Seahawks or Titans again. 

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
@Mike Olson said:
Going for 2 when they shouldn't have. 

https://www.outkick.com/whitlocks-nfl-tr...on-rivers/

10) Vikings coach Mike Zimmer planted the seed for Minnesota’s defeat late in the third quarter, not with his fourth-down decision in the final 2 minutes.
Minnesota cut Seattle’s lead to 21-19 with a little more than 3 minutes to play in the third. Zimmer foolishly attempted a two-point conversion. It failed. 
In a close game, there’s zero reason to go for two points until the final 6 minutes of the fourth quarter. There’s no reason to chase points when there are multiple possessions left in the game.
Had Zimmer kicked the PAT late in the third quarter and made the score 21-20, his decision late in the fourth quarter would have been simple. Ice the game with a chip-shot field goal by going up nine points.
You follow?
Add the extra point, and the score would’ve been 27-21 when Zimmer chose to go for it on fourth-and-inches at the Seattle 6-yard line. Minnesota could’ve kicked a 24-yard field goal and made it a two-score game.
Coaches chase points in the second and third quarters all the time. It’s stupid. They should let the game play out. 
Zimmer blew the game in the third quarter.

South Carolina Viking beat me to it. He is exactly correct on this.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Jor-El said:
@MaroonBells said:

you had to know that was the plan as soon as they gave Cook his new deal.  The kid is a stud,   but this roster isnt ready to compete for a championship and by the time they get there Cousins, Rudy, Theilen, and Cook will all be past their prime IMO.
By the time they get there you and I will be dead and buried.

If you kick the FG, they have to get a TD, Two point converstion and go the length of the field, and the worst case scenario is a tie, and you have a chance to win in OT. If yu go for it and don't make it, you put the ball in the hands of an MVP QB, and they only need a TD. Then we play prevent defense.......

I like our chances better being up by 8 in this case.

Going for it with our youbg CB’s was epically stupid. I know what the stats say. If thats how to coacha  team then why do we need a coach. A goid head coach looks at his team and sees where it fits against conventional wisdom. Are hos young corners better off trying ti defend against the other team needing ti score once to win or twice to tie. 
You can’t get bogged down in what the stats say without looking at the makeup of your team.