Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$72mm for Tx High School Football Stadium...
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
And this boys and girls is yet another example of what is wrong with our education system... how much are they spending on their math and science programs over the next 30 years? 
It's Texas.... 
Texas is the extreme,  but hardly the exception.  To much money is spent on school athletics just about every where you look.  Schools that can't afford new computers have new helmets,  schools that have never won a math contest have their rafters filled with basketball championships.  It's just frustrating that we sit and discuss ways to improve the education level in our country,  but so many kids are just there for the sports...and those are the kids that need the education the most.
So true. Burnsville just spend million on "school updates". What did it include, seeing as they were increasing the population 33% by adding 9th graders? Less than 10 new classrooms, and the rest on the gymnasiums/locker rooms, bringing the fitness facilities to over 50% of the indoor square footage.

Burnsville's sham of a superintendent jumped ship to take over St. Paul's school right after it was finished and what did we find out? Oh, whoops... that referendum that was shoved down our throats to pay for the new fitness center didn't include operating budget. Color me surprised.

Quote: @"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
And this boys and girls is yet another example of what is wrong with our education system... how much are they spending on their math and science programs over the next 30 years? 
It's Texas.... 
Texas is the extreme,  but hardly the exception.  To much money is spent on school athletics just about every where you look.  Schools that can't afford new computers have new helmets,  schools that have never won a math contest have their rafters filled with basketball championships.  It's just frustrating that we sit and discuss ways to improve the education level in our country,  but so many kids are just there for the sports...and those are the kids that need the education the most.
So true. Burnsville just spend million on "school updates". What did it include, seeing as they were increasing the population 33% by adding 9th graders? Less than 10 new classrooms, and the rest on the gymnasiums/locker rooms, bringing the fitness facilities to over 50% of the indoor square footage.

Burnsville's sham of a superintendent jumped ship to take over St. Paul's school right after it was finished and what did we find out? Oh, whoops... that referendum that was shoved down our throats to pay for the new fitness center didn't include operating budget. Color me surprised.
Let me guess the referendum was made to sound like it was for educational upgrades

Quote: @"Mike Olson" said:
@"Max" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Mike Olson" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
It's Texas.... 

Let me guess the referendum was made to sound like it was for educational upgrades
it was framed to make it sound like it was needed to accommodate all four grades(9-12). I was all for it. even though we homeschool, I think a strong education system is important. Such a disappointment.