Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trubisky benched...
Wonder when they'll put a bullet in that for good?

Thank god they passed on Mahomes...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

That fan base would be insufferable had they taken Mahomes or Watson. I say good for them! Let them keep reminiscing about 1985.

Yeah let's mock our rival that's 3-0...
I tend to think players' success has a lot to do with situation, mostly team and coaching...meaning, I don't think Pat Mahomes would have had a 50-TD season and a Super Bowl win if he had been drafted by Chicago. Maybe he would have been better than Trubisky, but you never know. Would Trubisky have succeeded if he was coached by Reid and Bienemy? IDK but I bet he wouldn't be such a hot mess.

They have a better defense and a better record.

Its funny because Mitch is liked on the team. He's got decent leadership qualities, he's just not a good NFL QB. Tough kid. They can't tank another season with that great D. They are going to ride with Foles as they should.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
Yeah let's mock our rival that's 3-0...
I tend to think players' success has a lot to do with situation, mostly team and coaching...meaning, I don't think Pat Mahomes would have had a 50-TD season and a Super Bowl win if he had been drafted by Chicago. Maybe he would have been better than Trubisky, but you never know. Would Trubisky have succeeded if he was coached by Reid and Bienemy? IDK but I bet he wouldn't be such a hot mess.
That's what opposing fan bases do, mock their rivals. As a Vikings fan, it pleases me to see that draft blunder. It's not like I have much else to be happy with these days.

Sure, they're 3-0, but it took a dropped TD to win the game against Detroit. They held on to beat a terrible Giants team at the last second. And it took an improbable come back against the Falcons after they benched Trubisky. And you're correct, just because Mahomes has been incredible with KC doesn't mean he'd replicate that success with Chicago...but I'd give it a fair shot to say he'd be better than what they have now by a mile. 

Quote: @PurpleCrush said:
@purplefaithful said:

That fan base would be insufferable had they taken Mahomes or Watson. I say good for them! Let them keep reminiscing about 1985.

Not to say Mahomes or or Watson aren't more talented, I doubt either would have the same success in Chicago.  That's an easier argument for PM than DW, Watson probably has a similar Coaching/Ownership talent situation.  I think Reid and that offense has been a good place for Patrick to showcase some really cool skills.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
@PurpleCrush said:
@purplefaithful said:

Not to say Mahomes or or Watson aren't more talented, I doubt either would have the same success in Chicago.  That's an easier argument for PM than DW, Watson probably has a similar Coaching/Ownership talent situation.  I think Reid and that offense has been a good place for Patrick to showcase some really cool skills.
I don't disagree with that at all, I'm just saying they'd probably be much better than Trubisky. Nagy is from the Reid coaching tree, so I would assume his offensive philosophy isn't that much different. KC just has a lot more firepower. Regardless, I'd be inclined to think either Mahomes or Watson would be worth a couple wins more a season than Trubisky.

in·​ev·​i·​ta·​ble | \ i-ˈne-və-tə-bəl  \
Definition of inevitable
: incapable of being avoided or evaded an inevitable outcome

Mitch Trubisky Studying Game Tapes In Hopes Of Discovering What Bears Saw In Him In First Place
CHICAGO—Scouring plays for any hint at something that could provide insight, Chicago quarterback Mitch Trubisky reportedly spent Thursday studying game tape in hopes of discovering what the Bears saw in him in the first place. “I look at my throwing mechanics and think they must be nuts, but there must have been something that made people think I was good,” said Trubisky while rewinding another of his old starts for UNC in the hopes of catching some of the boundless potential and talent he always felt he had in at least one of the plays. “My accuracy was more solid, but I wasn’t under the same kind of pressure back then. Okay, wow, I really fired that one in—wait no, it got intercepted. Maybe it was my love of the game? I looked a lot happier playing back then, that’s for sure.” At press time, Trubisky was viewing a video tape of his first start in an Ohio Pop Warner league.

[Image: pwhrw9xpjrd0kvqzvx81.jpg]

https://sports.theonion.com/mitch-trubis...1845243374