Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Darwinism? Dumb? Or both?
Musk is a M'fer, and he is riding a wave here.  He's a promoter with a technical background.  I don't want to go down a hole here.  Looked at a position in his giga factory in Nevada, but spoke with some peer's and said the tempo revolved around his ego, nothing I wanted to be around, "Jack Welch was a wimp" compared.  What kind of Ego does it take to put a car with your name on it into space.  There was a lot of potential for science that went up, not real motivating for the engineers, to do a marketing stunt.

Musk is certainly a super Type A along the lines of Jobs and Gates.  Jobs was really just a marketing genius for Apple and was not an engineer either even though many people just assumed he was the inventor of everything Apple.  All three of these men had an intolerance of people who were not as passionate or intelligent as they were in building their vision.  They also all had social issues in dealing with people.  Most super type people, in all walks of life (athletics) just can not understand how those around them are not as dedicated, smart, driven, talented etc as they are.

I had an Uncle who was the sales director for Apple who was summarily fired by Jobs.  Of course we all know Jobs was a Ahole. 

I am happy I am not that type of person because the few super A's I know none are happy people.  Rich but not happy.  They live to work.  I work to Live and enjoy and I am not that sharp or driven Smile

I have no training in this but I really think most of these super driven people like Jobs, Gates, and Elon are on the spectrum of personality disorders and missing social cue's. 

Back to Musk:

His car is changing the world and the bar is high for all the huge car corporations to try and catch up.  Also, fighting the oil and gas companies is no easy feat. All those early criticisms of electric cars are thrown out the window with the Tesla.  

Back in the mid 90's GM actually had a nice little EV with a very loyal following. Then one day they took it out back and put a bullet in it.

Shame really, that could have gotten BEV going so much sooner than it did.

[Image: 56e9aff2dd0895d3398b463b?width=1100&form...&auto=webp]