Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This upcoming Draft is the time for the Vikes to get a QB
Cousins contract is up after the 2022 season. Perfect time to draft a guy and let him sit and learn. Start him in 2023 or last few games of 2022. Time to look toward the future. I like Cousins but he's got a ceiling. Let's get a modern NFL QB like the other teams are doing. Bigger arm, more mobile type. Hopefully by then the O-line will truly be improved. There is nothing in the pipeline now. 

Depending where they end up in the win column, Vikes could get or move up just a few spots for QB Trey Lance. Minnesota kid. 

I think they need someone else in charge to develop a modern young NFL QB. Should be drafting in the top 10 though. I would love to get Trey Lance in purple.

I'm not opposed to it. Just depends on where we draft and who's available. Can't reach or we end up with Ponder. We can also wait a year, maybe even two. The thing is...Cousins is a top third QB at least and will likely continue to be for another 4 to 6 years. Do we saddle a pretty good roster with the growing pains of a young QB? Or fill some holes and lace 'em up again?

It's fun to think about getting a Mahomes or a Dak or a Lamar, but we could also be getting a Trubisky, Haskins, Mayfield, Rosen, Lynch, Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Manziel, etc. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
I'm not opposed to it. Just depends on where we draft and who's available. Can't reach or we end up with Ponder. We can also wait a year, maybe even two. The thing is...Cousins is a top third QB at least and will likely continue to be for another 4 to 6 years. Do we saddle a pretty good roster with the growing pains of a young QB? Or fill some holes and lace 'em up again?

It's fun to think about getting a Mahomes or a Dak or a Lamar, but we could also be getting a Trubisky, Haskins, Mayfield, Rosen, Lynch, Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Manziel, etc. 
If you don't take a swing, you'll never hit a home run. That's really what it comes down to. And you say we have a 'pretty good roster' but I don't know that we know that yet. We have Cousins, Thielen, Hunter and Cook: who else is obviously good? Even O'Neill we aren't 100% on, he had a rough outing last Sunday. Harrison Smith is either declining or on the precipice of it. 

Yah, I'd characterize the roster as having some nice pieces and the best QB we've had since Favre. But I dont see this as a SB contending team. Certainly a playoff team if they had Hunter and Pierce. 

I wouldn't be opposed to a QB this draft. Especially if one they like, one that sets-up the franchise down the road is within spitting distance on the board. 

It's all groundhogs day for me...Vikings are good, but dont appear to be upper echelon in 21. Not with the roster churn they had to manage. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Cousins contract is up after the 2022 season. Perfect time to draft a guy and let him sit and learn. Start him in 2023 or last few games of 2022. Time to look toward the future. I like Cousins but he's got a ceiling. Let's get a modern NFL QB like the other teams are doing. Bigger arm, more mobile type. Hopefully by then the O-line will truly be improved. There is nothing in the pipeline now. 

Depending where they end up in the win column, Vikes could get or move up just a few spots for QB Trey Lance. Minnesota kid. 
Ha, welcome to the party, I have been posting on tanking for Trevor since March, But if you want to draft him you need to have the worst record in the league.  The price to move up for Trevor will be astronomical.

If this is the QB play we are going to continue to have, we won't need to trade up. 

Cousins SEVER for TREVOR

We also need someone to develop that quarterback.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
We also need someone to develop that quarterback.
i had so much belief in Kubes, maybe im a dinosaur now too.  I can hardly believe what im seeing. i dont get the games so i havent seen any film, but we cant stop anybody in the run game and apparently no one is getting open downfield.  

We look like a 5 or 6 win team right now, and thats factoring in Hunter coming back