Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not feeling the Love in Green Bay?
How did we start with a simple statement about Love to 'the Packers beat us twice last year and are the NFCN Champs'? lol. No shit. I've said the same thing a ton of times. I'm just talking about Love here as it was such a controversial pick with the Packers having some other blatant needs they could have addressed. I happen to agree its way too early to be burying sand on this kid as everyone knew he'd be a project. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
How did we start with a simple statement about Love to 'the Packers beat us twice last year and are the NFCN Champs'? lol. No shit. I've said the same thing a ton of times. I'm just talking about Love here as it was such a controversial pick with the Packers having some other blatant needs they could have addressed. I happen to agree its way too early to be burying sand on this kid as everyone knew he'd be a project. 
Probably because there is nothing meaningful to be said about a rookie two weeks into camp in a year with no ota's, and when the only info we are basing things on is some fan-site writeup that looks like the first draft might have been in crayon.  :p

We all want Love to flop, but this article is ridiculous.  No minicamps or OTA's for a draft pick that wasn't going to play until 2022 anyway (see dead money on Aaron's contract) and the "big news" is that he doesn't look ready now.  Gee, I wonder how ready Nate Stanley looks in Vikings camp? 

Quote: @RS Express said:
We all want Love to flop, but this article is ridiculous.  No minicamps or OTA's for a draft pick that wasn't going to play until 2022 anyway (see dead money on Aaron's contract) and the "big news" is that he doesn't look ready now.  Gee, I wonder how ready Nate Stanley looks in Vikings camp? 
If you check out Twitter, there are quite a few videos of his low lights showing poor accuracy in drills.  The early reports aren't positive at all.  Obviously that doesn't mean he will be a bad QB, but you want to see some glimpses of good from your 1st round QB and heir apparent to Rodgers.

As far as Stanley, he was a 7th round pick and no one projects him as a starting NFL QB.  That's a poor comparison...  One is a 1st round QB and the other (sorry Iowa fans) will be lucky to make an NFL practice squad.  Completely different set of expectations given their respective talent and draft position.

Quote: @Wetlander said:
@RS Express said:
If you check out Twitter, there are quite a few videos of his low lights showing poor accuracy in drills.  The early reports aren't positive at all.  Obviously that doesn't mean he will be a bad QB, but you want to see some glimpses of good from your 1st round QB and heir apparent to Rodgers.

As far as Stanley, he was a 7th round pick and no one projects him as a starting NFL QB.  That's a poor comparison...  One is a 1st round QB and the other (sorry Iowa fans) will be lucky to make an NFL practice squad.  Completely different set of expectations given their respective talent and draft position.
I think it was yesterday, Zimmer raved about Stanley. Said something about his big arm and intelligence....I'll try and find the quotes. I guess he's looked decent so far, not that it means much right now. 

edit: here it is, from the Pioneer Press

SCRIMMAGE DOINGSZimmer said Friday’s scrimmage was helpful.
“It was good to go get in the stadium, get a feel for the less crowd noise,’’ Zimmer said of the lower-than-normal crowd noise that will be pumped in for games without fans. “I think it was good to get some of the special teams looked at, whether they’re running full speed down the field. Also, a lot of these young kids had never been to the stadium before.’’
Zimmer complimented quarterback Nate Stanley, a seventh-round pick from Iowa, for his play in the scrimmage.
“Nate Stanley shows a lot of promise,’’ Zimmer said. “I think he’s got a big arm, he’s instinctive.’’