Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Trade for Quinton Dunbar (CB) Redskins?
Quote: @"MarkSP18" said:
It is interesting when someone gets arrested.  There really is a rush to judgment.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29180839/affidavits-clear-seahawks-quinton-dunbar-giants-deandre-baker-alleged-robbery-attorneys-say

Michael Grieco, who represents Dunbar, told ESPN he has "five sworn affidavits from witnesses" that say his client was not involved in the alleged incident. A day earlier, the Miramar Police Department issued arrest warrants for both Dunbar and Baker, along with a 14-page affidavit detailing the alleged crimes that the two NFL players were accused of committing.
In an Instagram post on Friday night, Bradford Cohen, who represents Baker, wrote that he had affidavits "from several witnesses that also dispute the allegations and exculpate our client."
Grieco said he provided this information on the "star witnesses recanting within 48 hours" to the Miramar Police Department and advised the state attorney's office, but authorities insisted Dunbar still turn himself in on the warrant.
"We have taped, sworn statements from four victims and one witness. If they are changing their statements, we welcome them to come into our police department and give us a new statement," Miramar Police spokeswoman Tania Rues told ESPN's Brady Henderson.

Grieco said he is looking for another avenue so that his client isn't arrested on what he calls a "bogus case."
"I'm confident that he was there but confident he didn't commit a crime," Grieco said about Dunbar. "He got targeted because of who he was."

Who knows what went down but it is difficult to believe that these two are that dumb.  They may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer but I doubt they are going to go out like that when they already have plenty of money.
https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/07/giants...utType=amp

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
It is interesting when someone gets arrested.  There really is a rush to judgment.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29180839/affidavits-clear-seahawks-quinton-dunbar-giants-deandre-baker-alleged-robbery-attorneys-say

Michael Grieco, who represents Dunbar, told ESPN he has "five sworn affidavits from witnesses" that say his client was not involved in the alleged incident. A day earlier, the Miramar Police Department issued arrest warrants for both Dunbar and Baker, along with a 14-page affidavit detailing the alleged crimes that the two NFL players were accused of committing.
In an Instagram post on Friday night, Bradford Cohen, who represents Baker, wrote that he had affidavits "from several witnesses that also dispute the allegations and exculpate our client."
Grieco said he provided this information on the "star witnesses recanting within 48 hours" to the Miramar Police Department and advised the state attorney's office, but authorities insisted Dunbar still turn himself in on the warrant.
"We have taped, sworn statements from four victims and one witness. If they are changing their statements, we welcome them to come into our police department and give us a new statement," Miramar Police spokeswoman Tania Rues told ESPN's Brady Henderson.

Grieco said he is looking for another avenue so that his client isn't arrested on what he calls a "bogus case."
"I'm confident that he was there but confident he didn't commit a crime," Grieco said about Dunbar. "He got targeted because of who he was."

Who knows what went down but it is difficult to believe that these two are that dumb.  They may not be the sharpest knives in the drawer but I doubt they are going to go out like that when they already have plenty of money.
https://www.nj.com/giants/2020/07/giants...utType=amp
What a cluster. Still can't get it through my head why two young, rising NFL players, whose yearly income is 10 times my retirement, would be involved in an armed robbery.

Yeah this crime is so bizarre. 

Well if they can get away with it why not.  But isn't that why Dallas, NE, NO, Alabama ... are considered America's teams.  Sorry but the NFL is just a reflection of the national zeitgeist.  "Win baby, Win", Al Davis and the Raider nation nailed it with their mantra.  Is anyone surprised?