Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers' revisionist history: Why Matt LaFleur's account doesn't add up

Rookies.  The front office is relatively new, the coach is inexperienced and this draft their lack of experience really showed.  It almost looked like they were on dial-up trying to keep up with the rest of the league on fiber.  Their draft makes Mike Tice and the McCombs understaffed cheapskate version of a front office look like geniuses.

The conspiracy theorist in me feels the Puke want Rodgers gone and this draft goes a long way to confirm it.  I think they see their team payroll just can't afford putting so much into one aging position player.  Giving Rodgers what he wants (wide receivers) doesn't speed his removal and they feel they can be successful with a more balanced offense...and without him.

But with Erin being such a team player, I'm sure he will go along with the plan.  Right? Wink

Again, it only matters what the wins and losses results are. Love is raw and has things to learn, but his upside potential is stellar. its a risk. The pick has been under a lot of negative scrutiny. But draft selection opinions are knee-jerk and myopic. We'll see what this looks like in 3 years. 

Quote: @Ralphie said:
The conspiracy theorist in me feels the Puke want Rodgers gone and this draft goes a long way to confirm it.  I think they see their team payroll just can't afford putting so much into one aging position player.  Giving Rodgers what he wants (wide receivers) doesn't speed his removal and they feel they can be successful with a more balanced offense...and without him.

But with Erin being such a team player, I'm sure he will go along with the plan.  Right? Wink
Nope...that's just it. It's not a conspiracy theory.  They do intend to move on from Rodgers after '21. That much is obvious. 

So you have a QB who has said he wants to play past 40...on a team that doesn't want him to...not only doesn't want him to, but instead of giving him the weapons he so badly needed, actually drafted his replacement....ouch!!...coached by a man who gets along with this QB like a house on fire. 

I'm sure all will be fine. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Ralphie said:

Nope...that's just it. It's not a conspiracy theory.  They do intend to move on from Rodgers after '21. That much is obvious. 

So you have a QB who has said he wants to play past 40...on a team that doesn't want him to...not only doesn't want him to, but instead of giving him the weapons he so badly needed, actually drafted his replacement....ouch!!...coached by a man who gets along with this QB like a house on fire. 

I'm sure all will be fine. 
MB, I agree.  I would absolutely love to be the proverbial fly on the wall every meeting Erin has with LeFleur this season.  The tension would be absolutely thicker than a block of cheddar! Wink

[Image: giphy.gif]