Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odds Jefferson Wins Rookie of the Year?
NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah says Justin Jefferson is a perfect fit for the Vikings and one of his favorite picks in the 2020 NFL Draft. Vikings’ Offensive Coordinator Gary Kubiak really wanted Jefferson and the Vikings wasted little time selecting him once he fell past the Eagles.

With a 92.3 percent contested target catch rate in 2019 (per PFF Draft), Jefferson was tops in his class at securing the football in traffic. That ability will help him become an instant impact as a rookie and he could quickly become the favorite target for Kirk Cousins.

Over the past four years Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs have both averaged over 104 targets per season in the Vikings offense. Jefferson shouldn't have any problems fitting into Kubiak’s scheme and commanding a high target major production role in Minnesota. Sure, Mike Zimmer and Kubiak are run first “old school” ball control coaches but I expect Jefferson to shine in big moment opportunities much the same way as Diggs did.

Fanduel has Jefferson ranked with the 13th best odds to win rookie of the year. I personally believe those odds are way too low. Thielen and Kyle Rudolph’s targets may have reach its their peak and they very well could be on the down turn. Jefferson’s timing to become a Viking couldn’t be any better. He is a high production guy with a team first attitude without all the diva drama and baggage. Welcome to Minnesota Justin Jefferson, you are my odds on favorite to win rookie of the year! 

With no rookie camps or OTAs, ROTY is most likely going to a RB. Jonathan Taylor is my guess, followed by CEH.

Jonathon Taylor landed in a great spot with the Colts. Love that pick BarrNone55. I also like Bradon Aiyuk's fit with the 49ers and what CeeDee Lamb brings to the Cowboys. 

Well him being a rookie, by definition he qualifies...  B) 

JJ was a blessing @ 22...ROY will be tough with how run-heavy we'll probably be.

Most importantly, I just hope he can stretch the field cause Bisi, Irv or AT ain' going to be those guys. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
JJ was a blessing @ 22...ROY will be tough with how run-heavy we'll probably be.

Most importantly, I just hope he can stretch the field cause Bisi, Irv or AT ain' going to be those guys. 
Why you say that?  It doesnt have to be a speed burner to keep defenses playing safeties deep.  I think it was AT last year that set up the game winner by running a deep route against the saints. 

Bisi didnt get a lot of opportunities when AT and Diggs were both healthy,  but he should take a big step in year 2 even with the addition of Jefferson.

All it takes is a guy that run down the field and make plays.  Hell so.e teams consider their TE running up the middle of the field their guy to keep defenses honest and are used to take the safety off the top.

Too much handwringing over a lack of a speed threat.  Diggs himself wasnt super fast,  he just had great quicks.

I like Jefferson and Carl may be right about Rudolph's targets being on the way down - but I think the Vikings are going to throw to Irv Smith a LOT.