Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theilen admits fault
So I was listening to AT yesterday on the drive home and Robert Smith asked him for one story about Cousins.   AT went back to that season ending loss 2 years ago to the Bears where he and Cousins got into it late in the game after they didnt connect on a route.   I remembered the play vividly and remember the board being at each others throat over who was at fault.   AT admitted yesterday that it was 100% on him.  He even provided some back ground to the story about where he had done the same thing earlier in the year and Kirk had corrected him.  Anyway,  if anybody kept score back then,  who ever backed the QB on that kerfluffle you would have been right,  for those that said AT was right... well AT doesnt even agree with you.   :p

He also went on to say that he is great friends with Kirk off the field,  and praised Kirk for his leadership on the field.  noting how Kirk doesnt pull punches and will correct anybody that isnt doing it right,  really really complemented KC.  Also said that it was great to play next to Diggs,  but it is a business.  Didnt sound happy or sad that he was gone... just a thing.

Thanks for sharing Jimmy.  Interesting to know.  As are most pro athletes, AT is uber competitive and probably doesn't like to be wrong, especially in a losing battle. 

In hindsight, looking at how AT reacted, it was the reaction of someone who was wrong and knew it.

nice to hear those things, especially about the blowup on the sidelines, and their ability to move forward as friends. 

thanks for posting

At the time he seemed part disgusted with himself. Unless one owns up though, you can seldom know for certain who screwed up. I see yet another reason why Adam is so successful. 

He also was amused that Cousins was trying to tell him how to run a route even though he ran the wrong one. Clarity and truth over speculation is rare for a fan!