Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
 holy moly this will not be the year to quit drinking on sundays.   :o
A shoutout to Zanary... Wink

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4958773]

[Image: avl4anfal1mb.jpeg]
Welcome Home Andrew... Wink B)  

Quote: @Tyr said:
@JimmyinSD said:
so basically we are left with just the Hitman if we do indeed trade Harris?   along with 3 corners none of which have much experience.... holy moly this will not be the year to quit drinking on sundays.   :o
I suspect this is a big part of why Harris was unexpectedly tagged. He does have trade value, but the Vikings may have determined that they wouldn't be able to retain Waynes or Alexander, so keeping Harris became more important.
except everybody pretty much acknowledged at the time it was just to get value for losing him this year and not have to wait for a comp pick next year,  if they really planned on keeping him I suspect he would have been one that we would have heard of some sort of extension for.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Tyr said:
@JimmyinSD said:
so basically we are left with just the Hitman if we do indeed trade Harris?   along with 3 corners none of which have much experience.... holy moly this will not be the year to quit drinking on sundays.   :o
I suspect this is a big part of why Harris was unexpectedly tagged. He does have trade value, but the Vikings may have determined that they wouldn't be able to retain Waynes or Alexander, so keeping Harris became more important.
except everybody pretty much acknowledged at the time it was just to get value for losing him this year and not have to wait for a comp pick next year,  if they really planned on keeping him I suspect he would have been one that we would have heard of some sort of extension for.
That's fair. They have so many roster holes right now that losing Harris for nothing would hurt. Especially given that Sendejo signed with Harris' most likely destination in Cleveland. The Vikings need to stop the bleeding even if that's just with adding more draft picks, though personally I'd like to hold onto Harris.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Zanary said:
So, basically, the Browns and Bengals are picking at our scraps.
When you say it like that. It's kinda comforting.
Like all is like it should be.
It's a mess either way: keep underperforming players in hopes that continuity will pay off, or jettison familiar-but-mediocre performers in hopes that the next batch of kids fill the holes.

It sucks, because so many had great plays at times, even Sandejo...but he and Rhoads, alone, were penalty factories.

With our coaching staff so fleshed out, I'm pretty optimistic...as long as they can actually practice this offseason.