Vikings Tag Ant Man ™
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@prairieghost said:
If Ant AND Mack go, we officially have 1 returning starter in our defensive backfield...yeesh....
Hill and Hughes have both started games and have looked good though. That is a good thing. 
Is Hughes neck still a question mark?
That is the wild card part of it. I haven't heard anything of the sort and I would assume we wouldnt be letting Mac and Waynes if it were a major issue. 
well they dont really have  a choice,  they already used their tag and they dont have the cap space to outbid anybody.   I have heard that he "will" be ok,  but honestly I heard that for 2 years about Shariff Floyd and we know how that turned out.
Lets not talk about the Floyd situation. I believe we could bring back Mac. He just wants to test the market. 
but if there is a bidding war.... Mac is gone as well IMO.
Well him not signing yet is a very good thing. Hope they both want each other back

Quote: @Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@prairieghost said:
If Ant AND Mack go, we officially have 1 returning starter in our defensive backfield...yeesh....
Hill and Hughes have both started games and have looked good though. That is a good thing. 
That is the wild card part of it. I haven't heard anything of the sort and I would assume we wouldnt be letting Mac and Waynes if it were a major issue. 
well they dont really have  a choice,  they already used their tag and they dont have the cap space to outbid anybody.   I have heard that he "will" be ok,  but honestly I heard that for 2 years about Shariff Floyd and we know how that turned out.
Lets not talk about the Floyd situation. I believe we could bring back Mac. He just wants to test the market. 
Well him not signing yet is a very good thing. Hope they both want each other back
He wants to play Outside like he did in College. Zimmer wouldn't let him in Minnesota so why would he want to come back? Only way I see it is if 31 teams pass on him, which isn't likely to happen. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@prairieghost said:
He wants to play Outside like he did in College. Zimmer wouldn't let him in Minnesota so why would he want to come back? Only way I see it is if 31 teams pass on him, which isn't likely to happen. 
i have always thought that slot was a lot tougher since you have no boundaries to help dictate what the receiver can do,  line up wide outside that take away quite a bit and makes coverage easier.  IMO a corner that can cover slot as well as Mac has shown has more value than a guy like Waynes who really relies on speed after getting burned and by pinning his reciever against the OB line.  I am not sure why he would want to be an outside corner if he has already shown to be more valuable by being able to cover the slot.

@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@Canthony said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@Canthony said:
@prairieghost said:
Then let's have him be outside! We did have Rhodes and Waynes though at the time. That may have something to do with it as well. 

Don't the Outside guys get paid more? Sort of like Tackle versus Guard?

Even if not, playing on an island, successfully, in college with swag and playing on the inside are different mindsets and Mac's personality type seems geared towards being the cocky Outside Corner. 

Don't the Outside guys get paid more? Sort of like Tackle versus Guard?

Even if not, playing on an island, successfully, in college with swag and playing on the inside are different mindsets and Mac's personality type seems geared towards being the cocky Outside Corner. 
its only an island if there isnt safety help over the top.  I know its the stigma,  but i hate that on an island bull shit all the time because they are so rarely without at least 1 S to take the over routes if the CB cant stay with their man.

[Image: BDrBOtC__bigger.jpg]
REPORT:
@Browns have signed safety Karl Joseph

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
[Image: BDrBOtC__bigger.jpg]
REPORT:
@Browns have signed safety Karl Joseph
With each signing around the league  the Vikings gain a little leverage unless Harris is cock sure that his star will be just as bright at 30 as it is right now.

Could be a big game of chicken going on between Minnesota and Cleveland about comp for Harris. We'll see.