Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is how to NOT do it, but at least move on quickly....
https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/03/18/chicago-bears-mitchell-trubisky-do-something?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

I still think Foles caught lightning in a bottle in Philly, much like Keenum in Minnesota, but at least they did something. 

Foles really does seem like Keenum.  He feel into a great situation with a good coach and the right supporting cast around him.

But look at his time before and after that short stint in Philly...  he wasn't a starting level QB.

Nick Foles has one of the best statistical season in the history of the NFL in 2013, including the 3rd highest passer rating for a season ever, 10th highest TD rate for a season ever, 3rd lowest INT rate ever.

Also had one of the best playoff runs for a QB when he absolutely led the Eagles to a championship and was the MVP of that game.

Foles only needs the right situation and he may have it again.

The only thing worse than blowing a pick is continuing to live with.

Signed,

Twice divorced guy.

Quote: @"silverjoel" said:
Nick Foles has one of the best statistical season in the history of the NFL in 2013, including the 3rd highest passer rating for a season ever, 10th highest TD rate for a season ever, 3rd lowest INT rate ever.

Also had one of the best playoff runs for a QB when he absolutely led the Eagles to a championship and was the MVP of that game.

[Image: 28v1v4.jpg]

Quote: @"silverjoel" said:

Ever heard of a guy named Jim Plunkett?

Maybe it's my battered demeanor from Covid, maybe its my battered psyche after all the NFCCG's the Vikings have played since 1976.

This signing makes me uneasy...

Bears are a QB away from being a top team in NFC. 

Foles like Keenum had his moment in the sun.  That moment has passed but it doesn't prevent people from believing that somehow it was a new reality, when all the evidence since suggests it was just a moment.

As for Ryan Pace, I don't think signing Nick Foles is going to stop the organizational bleeding from the collossal mistake that was the Trubisky trade/draft.   Maybe if Mahomes and Watson didn't go much later in the same draft one could wave it away as a simple mistake but it's actually the biggest mistake possibly ever by the Bears.  Not that it bothers me in any way  =) .

Foles is a solid QB. If he has a good team around him he can thrive. I’m not sure he’s an  upgrade over Trubisky though. Personally, I thought they should give Trubisky another year. Maybe he’ll beat him out. Chicago should be good, they definitely have some good talent.