Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy idea . . .
The Vikings now have two number one picks. The Titans put the franchise tag on Henry instead of working a deal. I heard one sports announcer say "no one is going to give up two number one picks." Really?
Henry carried that team on his back and was/is an absolute beast. So here is my idea (at least for the Vikings):
They deal Dalvin Cook for another number one pick and they give up two number ones for Henry. Mattison is a lot like Cook. Nobody is like Henry. 
The Vikings have so many other needs (CB being one of them) that this might be a dumb idea -- but for any team that has two number one picks, it seems the Titans messed up.
I may be mistaken, but I believe this is the price to acquire someone under the franchise tag. What I don't understand is what would happen if a team had 3 or more number one picks? How would they decide which number one's?

Good to see you Cowskull.

RB is the easiest position to fill with quality talent.  I would have to say hard pass.  We need to fix out OL and interior DL as well as WR, and DB,  RB is the last of our worries, especially considering they have the shortest careers of any position IIRC.  ( I know,  Frank Gore wants to talk with me)

I'm with Jimmy.  RBs are easier to find than Cover-2 CBs.   B)

That would be a massive step backward in my opinion.  Derrick Henry isn't the type of RB that fits our offense and he's basically an early down RB.  We already had that with Adrian Peterson and Henry isn't even the same caliber of talent.

You're 100% correct though...  this was a crazy idea.  lol