Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astros Confiscate Signs From Spring Training Fans
If they had stopped when caught the 1st time it would have been more...well you snuck one by us there. 
To do it again after caught and told directly along with everyone else.
DON'T do it again...then ya did it again. That's when it became what it is now. 
Enjoy your infamy Houston Asterisks.

Quote: @"suncoastvike" said:
If they had stopped when caught the 1st time it would have been more...well you snuck one by us there. 
To do it again after caught and told directly along with everyone else.
DON'T do it again...then ya did it again. That's when it became what it is now. 
Enjoy your infamy Houston Asterisks.

Exactly this. One could say at first, maybe they were just bending the rules.
Then they got caught. They got told to stop. They kept doing it.
At that point you aren't bending the rules, you're enthusiastically breaking them.

[Image: rtln6oieyt38.jpg]

Quote: @"Canthony" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
What I do not understand, is I read that the MLB warned the Astros to stop banging on the trash cans back in 2017 when it was happening, and the Astros kept doing it.
That is TERRIBLE. But... now in 2019 the Commissioner is saying that in order to get the full story from the players, he gave them all immunity.
That doesn't add up. Based on the prior warning, the MLB already had the full story, or at least enough of it to drop the hammer. So what is this new incredible information they gleaned from the players that was worth granting immunity to all of them for?
The whole thing stinks.
The Astros cheated up the wazoo and MLB is trying to downplay it to protect their $$$, rather than doing the right thing. Which in my opinion, would be stripping the WS title and suspending the actual offenders-- the players!-- for at least a half season but probably a full one.
How many players were actually involved though? I am not saying they should get away with it, I am saying it would be hard to suspend 90% of the Astros bats and expect to put a product on the field that will generate revenue. I would guess this is what the commissioner is thinking about. Money. It is always about money as you stated in your post. 
so who gives am eff if they can field a competitive team or even a scab sore flunk fest---they got busted for ignoring a warning and instead got rewarded for it

Quote: @"Akvike" said:
@"Canthony" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
What I do not understand, is I read that the MLB warned the Astros to stop banging on the trash cans back in 2017 when it was happening, and the Astros kept doing it.
That is TERRIBLE. But... now in 2019 the Commissioner is saying that in order to get the full story from the players, he gave them all immunity.
That doesn't add up. Based on the prior warning, the MLB already had the full story, or at least enough of it to drop the hammer. So what is this new incredible information they gleaned from the players that was worth granting immunity to all of them for?
The whole thing stinks.
The Astros cheated up the wazoo and MLB is trying to downplay it to protect their $$$, rather than doing the right thing. Which in my opinion, would be stripping the WS title and suspending the actual offenders-- the players!-- for at least a half season but probably a full one.
How many players were actually involved though? I am not saying they should get away with it, I am saying it would be hard to suspend 90% of the Astros bats and expect to put a product on the field that will generate revenue. I would guess this is what the commissioner is thinking about. Money. It is always about money as you stated in your post. 
so who gives am eff if they can field a competitive team or even a scab sore flunk fest---they got busted for ignoring a warning and instead got rewarded for it
baseball really got this wrong and I know that people are pissing on the commissioner,  but he works at bidding of  the owners,  if the ownership group wanted the astros punished they would have done so.... but then all the other skeletons would start to fall out of all the closets and many teams would be affected and it would kill the game.  IMO this is getting swept under the rug because it could be the tip of the iceberg for not only baseball but other pro sports as fans start to question everything (even more so than they do already)