Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings RB Dalvin Cook moves closer to being starter with impressive outing
SEATTLE — It will be hard to keep Dalvin Cook out of the starting lineup in Week 1.
The Vikings rookie running back carried seven times for 40 yards in Friday night’s 20-13 preseason loss to Seattle at CenturyLink Field. He is seeking to replace the departed Adrian Peterson, who will arrive with the New Orleans Saints on Sept. 11 at U.S. Bank Stadium for the first regular-season game.
“I’m going to keep enjoying the process and I’ll leave it up to the coaches to make that decision,’’ Cook said of the starting job...
http://www.twincities.com/2017/08/19/vik...ve-outing/

“It felt really good,’’ said Cook, a second-round pick out of Florida State. “We were getting the offensive line some confidence. We were going out there and establishing ourselves early.’’
The Vikings were without a pair of injured offensive line starters in left tackle Riley Reiff and left guard Alex Boone. Still, the first-team Minnesota line did a solid job of clearing room for Cook to run.
“He’s a great back,’’ said right tackle Mike Remmers. “He’s very explosive. He had some good plays out there. I was excited to see it.’’