Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laquon Treadwell Updates?
Quote: @"SFVikingFan" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
Thanks - just saw this article pop up today too: http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/No...817c17fc09

Pretty interesting how Tready compares himself to Diggs and AT.

“Last year, I mean I was good enough, but when it was time for me to
win at certain points in my routes, I didn’t have the formula,”
Treadwell said. “I was watching Diggs and Thielen, and they were very
technically sound, and that’s how they beat guys consistently. They know
how to win, and that was my biggest thing. I knew I could win. I just
didn’t know how. I learned over the offseason and spent a lot of time
learning how to be a true receiver instead of just relying on God-given
talent and ability.”

Treadwell said Tuesday that size and talent had been enough for him to excel at previous levels.
“In
college and high school, the Pop Warner League, I was always more
talented or just had more will to win, I guess, in a since where I got
away with a lot of things, and I got here, guys are just as talented and
want to win as badly as you,” Treadwell said. “I just took the time to
focus on my technique, and my talent is showing with the technique now,
so I’m on the up rise. I’m just really focused on staying sharp with my
technique. The sky is the limit.”
I really hope I'm wrong, but the more I hear and see of this guy, the more I think he is just going to be a gigantic bust.  To me, his quote above came right out of the textbook of "Rookie Excuses 101".  I just don't see that he has the heart or fight in him to really succeed, especially with his very questionable speed and quickness.  He reminds me a lot of Kalil for some reason.  Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and will gladly serve myself up a big plate of crow if I am.
Welcome Matt Kalil just threw the Vikings coaching staff under the bus...Treadwell did nothing at all like that...not sure how you can compare the two...Treadwell had a horrific injury in college...Welcome Matt needed a participation medal in order to work hard...

I'm talking about Kalil during his time here as a Viking.  Every offseason except the one after his decent rookie year, all you heard was a litany of excuses as to why he didn't perform well the year prior.  Maybe it's just that he simply wasn't good enough or didn't have the heart or work ethic to improve himself?  To me Kalil always seemed a little bored/indifferent about playing in the NFL and I'm starting to get the same feelings about Treadwell that I had for Kalil during his last few seasons here.  At least with Kalil the excuses were a little easier to buy since he did have that decent rookie year to back himself up.

Again I could be wrong, but that is my gut feeling regarding Treadwell right now.

The difference I see is one guy actually had a catastrophic injury...one guy blamed the coaching staff...

The difference I see is Treadwell looks anything but bored/indifferent.  Extra time spent after every practice on the field, not in the easy chair.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
The difference I see is Treadwell looks anything but bored/indifferent.  Extra time spent after every practice on the field, not in the easy chair.
yep,  he struggled with injury and he struggled on the field, but one thing he didnt do was get in Zimmers dog house which tells me that he was at least working hard to improve...even if the results werent immediately apparent last year.  ( maybe thats why CP was let walk, we know his effort was questionable at times)

And backup OL Sirles moves ahead of Treadwell in preseason receiving yards...

Quote: @"Norse" said:

I keep telling you guys...the kid is a gamer.  Put him anywhere and he will contribute.  Can you say emergency QB? =)

Actually Treadwell should be the emergency QB...he's got a cannon for an arm.  Likely as strong or stronger than any of our QBs.  No shit.... a rifle!

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Norse" said:

I keep telling you guys...the kid is a gamer.  Put him anywhere and he will contribute.  Can you say emergency QB? =)

Actually Treadwell should be the emergency QB...he's got a cannon for an arm.  Likely as strong or stronger than any of our QBs.  No shit.... a rifle!
Maybe Sirles should be that Redzone go to guy for Sammy

I'm tired of Treadwell already. Wake me up when the guy does shit in the regular season on the field. 

Who is this Treadwell guy and why are there so many threads on him? Is he a Viking player?