Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albert Breer: Paton or Berry to The Brownies???

Stef I can live without. Paton? 

Losing Paton as the in-house successor to RS would piss me off...

I guess rhetorically, how come Paton is never suggested / recommended for a promotional to our GM spot, perhaps ala Kevin Stefanski being promoted to Head Coach vs. allowing him to foolishly leave while retaining a stale incumbent? He's always suggested to be in line for these GM openings around the league year to year.

Spielman entered this season treading in the deepest water he's been in. I'm not calling for him to be replaced or anything after our season; I wonder why we don't have a George Paton bandwagon lol. Why we're always relieved he's sticking around but not even curious if he could run our own GM position when  we're feeling down about Spielman.

(edit: lol thanks pf for jumping in line and stealing the thunder)

[Image: MaAIgBaS_bigger.jpg]
#Eagles VP of Football Operations Andrew Berry will interview this week for the #Browns
[Image: NFL_Clubs_2019_2020_Emojis_ClevelandBrowns.png]
vacant GM job, source said. Berry ran day-to-day scouting — pro and college — while in Cleveland. In Philly, he had his hand in everything from scouting to operations to contracts to strategy.

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry will interview for the Browns' GM vacancy later this week.Colts assistant GM Ed Dodds recently declined the Browns' interview request, leaving Berry as the clear frontrunner to succeed John Dorsey as GM. Berry is no stranger to the Browns, having previously served as their VP of player personnel from 2016-18 before jumping ship to Philadelphia last year. The 31-year-old Harvard grad would be an excellent get for a Browns organization in desperate need of stability.
    RELATED: 
    SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on TwitterJan 13, 2020, 11:43 AM ET
  • [*]

[Image: lqTHIvzj_bigger.jpg]
Confirming
@AdamSchefter report the Browns have requested permission to interview #Vikings asst GM George Paton. As I reported earlier today, he’s one of 2 top candidates along w/Andrew Berry, who’s interviewing this week. Both prob will.