Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Credit Where Credit Is Due
There are lots of kudos to go around. Zimmer, Dalvin, Hunter, Thielen, Kendricks, Griffen, Cousins among others. They fought hard and found a way. Thanks for taking it to Who Shat nation. 

All credit is due to Kirk's voice cracks

Quote: @"Tyr" said:
The Saints were clearly focused on taking away Diggs and forcing Thielen to beat them through the air. He got off to a rocky start with the fumble, but he got stronger as the game wore on and finally started to look like himself for the first time since the hamstring injury. Having Thielen back contributing is huge, since Diggs had to carry the receiving game for the bulk of the season.

I do wonder about some of Stefanski's play-calling. The attempted end-around pass play was an early drive killer and late in the game the Saints were sitting on outside runs, which resulted in a couple big losses in yards. I get that outside running is the offense's strength, but those were risky calls when the offense needed to close out the game.
They need to be audibling out of the sweeps to the strong side. That was bad. I agree with the original poster was a good game plan. I just didn't like the bend dont break stuff in the 4th. I liked the aggressiveness in the first 3 quarters on D and felt like the offense was wasting a few too many opportunities. Luckily it worked out. 
Will need a better game next week. Hope the Vikings are 10 point underdogs.

Saints got beat by a 14 year old boy...

Quote: @"greediron" said:
All credit is due to Kirk's voice cracks
Lol. Sometimes you gotta revisit puberty.