Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big questions on the horizon...
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Feels like the off-season after last night, even though it ain't yet

How do you improve from good to great for this franchise?
  • What do you do with KC?  (the sure alternative is...?)
Extend him. And hopefully save a little cap money in the process. 2/3 of the NFL needs a QB this offseason. It's a little ridiculous that the team with the, what, 2nd highest rated QB in the NFL thinks it does too. 
  • What do you do with Cook? Who will most certainly want a new deal
Extend him. Of course you do. He might be the best back in the NFL. RBs get hurt. It's what they do. And it's why you need several.  
  • How do you improve the D and OL?
Resign Harris, Alexander and Rashod Hill. Put O'Neill at LT, Udoh at RT, release Rhodes, Reiff and Joseph, let Griffen and Waynes go. Gives us, who the hell knows...$40M or so? Sign Brandon Scherff at LG and a mid-tier corner. Elf can compete with Kline and Samia at RG. Draft CB, DT, OL, OL
  • Are they fine with this coaching staff? 
I am. But if we lose to NO because of yet another game plan failure, I try to trade Zimmer and promote Stefanski to HC. If I can't trade him to Jerry, I keep him, meaning we will probably lose Stef. I replace him with the Kubiak kid. 
  • Do you still trust RS to make those decisions?
Spielman is the MVP of this team and has been for about 6 years. It's shocking to me that there are still some people who don't see that. 

Oh, and I don't see us going from good to great necessarily. I see us trimming some fat, getting a little younger, putting a little more emphasis on offense and remaining competitive. 

Quote: @FSUVike said:
Those teams all won Superbowls Greediron. That bought them time. Zimmer has been past the 1st Round of the Playoffs once. His win percentage against good teams on the road and even at home in big pressure situations is not good.

This offseason will be so interesting. If Rick loads up on the O-Line I'll be happy. If Defense-focused then I'll know once and for all that he and Mike just don't get it.
But we have been urging Spielman to load the OL for years and he only dribbles in a bit of help: Elflein and Reiff in 2017, Williams and Compton in 2018, Bradbury and Kline in 2019. And those last three are the GOOD years when Spielman paid at least a little attention to the line - we're still suffering the effects of 2013-16 when our line was "fortified" each year by Jeff Baca, David Yankey, TJ Clemmings, and Willie Beavers!!
Now there will be 2 factors reducing any further attention to the offensive line or offense:
  1. They believe Kubiak and Dennison and the ZBS can spin OL straw into gold. The OL and offense improved this year, what more do you want?! Mission accomplished!!
  2. Meanwhile, our defense weakened in 2019 and in 2020 it will lose players to free agency and age. Zimmer wants to have a great defense - maybe more than he wants a championship team.
I do think you're right - whether they recognize need to further improve the OL is the key issue. But I expect they will put most of their resources into the defense and the OL will need to count on improvement from Samia and Udoh and maybe some 4th-round OG that Rick is "amazed he dropped this far in the draft"...

Should I have the salad with dinner or will it cause me to get to full and cost me dessert afterwards

Quote: @Akvike said:
Should I have the salad with dinner or will it cause me to get to full and cost me dessert afterwards
When you're my age, the salad IS the dinner.