Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After starting 2-2, this is not the answer anyone would have imagined....
Quote: @Zanary said:
@Vikergirl said:
That is an exciting thing. I think he is finding his groove. He seems very passionate and invested. He might be getting out of his own head and own way. Maybe he had a breakthrough.
After the train wreck that was Washington, a consistent and supportive team/management seems to be working wonders.  I think his best games still lie ahead.

It's a good combination of things coming together. Of course Washington is an epic clusterfuck. I don't blame Kirk for wanting out of there. I am glad he is doing so well.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

All of those things will be tested in the final two weeks against Green Bay and Chicago. Arguably the worst games of the season for Cousins, the line and to a degree Stefanski came in Week 2 and Week 4 losses to the Packers and Bears.
We will see how far they have come as the Vikings try to close in on a playoff berth that could ensure Cousins is here for years to come.
^^ this right here.  

KC absolutely cost us/threw away the first game vs GB.... with that HORRIBLE 1st/8 goal line int.  BRUTAL.  
STANK @ Chicago. 

KC delivers @ home, next two weeks.....all could be forgiven.  

Except for this.  For 84 mil, he should have never, EVER, thrown that pick/lost the first game to GB.  

KC needs to win the last two (at home) and win a (likely) playoff game on the road, to make me a true believer.  

I think it is Kirk finding his groove after a slow start. I don't know if I buy into the coaches changed or fixed him. He was very good at the start of last year. Through maybe 7 games I think. Then his protection started really breaking down. That was the season. This year I think he started thinking we left off from last year. Then he started trusting how good our running game is. That threat brought in more playaction. Kirk's strength is using that to freeze them a moment. He's now getting those precious few extra seconds he was missing before. Credit the Oline as well. Kevin has remembered the screen play is a very effective weapon in this league and has taught it to perfection. Though it might have been a case of once to often to the well last week. That dude jumped it. We always knew Kirk can run a team that just needs a captain. He is good at that roll. Don't try to make him what he's not. Let him do what he can and if the team plays well he plays great.

Quote: @ThunderGod said:
I'd forgotten how cool BTO is.  What a frickin' great tune!

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
Depends on the question.

Wink

Kirk has been playing great since the disaster in Chicago...
to the question of what is the most consistent and productive part of the 2019 Minnesota Vikings