Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lightning Bolts vs Vikings - Pick It!
What I don't like:

• Chargers might be the only team in the NFL with a more talented roster than the Vikings. And they're 5-8. Go figure. But this is not the same team it was earlier in the season, when a lot of that talent was banged up and Rivers playing like shit. 

• Ingram and Bosa vs. Reiff and O'Neill. Not a huge mismatch, but definitely advantage Chargers. 

* Casey Heyward and Derwin James vs. Diggs, Rudy and Smith. Hayward is one of the best corners in the league and James was 1st team all pro as a rookie last year. What's more, Chargers play a zone. Diggs eat free against man. Not zone.  

• Gordon and Ekeler vs. Vikings run defense. Vikings run defense ranks high statistically, but I don't really trust it. Gordon and Ekeler are better than Carson and Penny. If the Chargers get up early, this could get ugly. 

What I like:

• Cook and Boone vs. Chargers run defense. If the Chargers defense is vulnerable anywhere, it's against the run. League average. If the Vikings can stay balanced and not get behind early, they should be able to break off some chunk runs to keep the Chargers on their heels. 

• Adam Thielen vs. zone. Before I really looked into this game I didn't realize how important Thielen would be. Diggs is a guy who plays better vs. man. And I wish I had stats to back this up, but I know that Thielen is a big time zone beater. He just has a knack for finding those holes in zones. If he can stay healthy, I love him in this game. 

• Keenan Allen and Mike Williams vs. Alexander and Rhodes. Call me crazy but I like this matchup. Allen plays in the slot 53% of the time and so unless they move him around a lot, he'll draw Mack Alexander, who is playing better for us than anyone right now. If Rhodes has a strength it's slowing big, physical receivers and that's what Mike Williams is. Allen, too, actually. Allen hasn't had 100 yards since week 3.

• Hunter vs. Sam Tevi and Philip Rivers. I remember being very impressed with Tevi in the Shrine game a couple of years ago. A sort of poor man's Brian O'Neill, he's very athletic. Took over for an injured Joe Barksdale and never gave up the job. But he'll need his big boy britches in this one. Griffen and Okung will likely play to a draw, but I like the Vikings pass rush to get to Ol' Man Rivers. 

Vikings 17
Chargers 15

28-13 Chargers. 

I really want to be wrong. I just don't have faith in the coaching staff to have this team ready for this game.

Deep gulp of purple Kool aid

Vikes 28  
Bolts  24

Boone fumbles, Bailey misses the game winner.  SD 22, MN 20

Quote: @Hidalgo said:
28-13 Chargers. 

I really want to be wrong. I just don't have faith in the coaching staff to have this team ready for this game.
56 wins 36 losses

best winning percentage over the last 5 years outside of New England and still no hope?

jesus

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
Vikes 30 - 20

Quote: @Mattyman said:
Lots of Viking Fans will help 34-27
1VikesFan gets the big win along with the Vikes - Skol to you!  Mattyman comes in second this
week and was actually closer to the Vikings point total. Nice job, Matty!

Fun game, and a big time road win with great plays on defense, offense, and even STs - Skol!