Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Page joins Randle on NFL All-Time Team
Alan Page elated to join fellow Viking John Randle on NFL All-Time TeamAlan Page last year got a call from the White House informing him he would be honored with the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Early this fall, Page received another important call. 
The Vikings hall of famer said Commissioner Roger Goodell called to let him know he had been named a defensive tackle on the NFL 100 All-Time Team, and he was told to keep it “confidential.’’ 
On Friday night, it was announced that Page and Vikings hall of fame defensive tackle John Randle both made the team that is being selected by a 26-member panel in recognition of the league’s 100-year anniversary. There will be 100 players and 10 coaches chosen. 
“I thought this one was pretty special,’’ Page said Friday night in a phone interview. “It’s nice to be considered in this group. … I tend not to compare things like (honors). I take each one as it comes, and this is certainly a high one.’’ 
Page did not know Randle had also been selected until he was informed during the interview. 
“Oh, it’s incredible,’’ Page said. “It’s great. I’m happy for him.’’ 
Page played for Minnesota from 1967-78 before concluding his career with Chicago from 1978-81. He made all nine of his Pro Bowl appearances and had all six of his all-pro selections with the Vikings. Page became in 1971 the first defensive player to win NFL MVP. The only other defensive player to win has been New York Giants linebacker Lawrence Taylor in 1986. 
Randle played for Minnesota from 1990-2000 before finishing up with Seattle from 2001-03. He made six of his seven Pro Bowls and had all six of his all-pro selections with the Vikings. All of that came after he was undrafted out of Division II Texas A&M-Kingsville.
https://www.twincities.com/2019/11/29/al...time-team/

This team has a great history of DTs. Page, Randle, Millard, Hank, the Williams wall. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
This team has a great history of DTs. Page, Randle, Millard, Hank, the Williams wall. 
Dont forget James Duck White =)

I was thinking the same thing when I posted the OP. Its the position that (for me) best describes the ethos of the Vikings brand. 

DE is up there, WR and maybe S too.

But DT is where it begins and ends...

GB: Qb for sure - Starr, Favre, Rogers
Chi: LB -- Butkus, Singletary 
Det: ????

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
 GB: Qb for sure - Starr, Favre, Rogers
Chi: LB -- Butkus, Singletary 
Det: ????  Sanders and a bunch of turkeys

Fixed it for ya

So many to choose from. Congrats to Page and Randle. Both incredible athletes but also good people.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
So many to choose from. Congrats to Page and Randle. Both incredible athletes but also good people.
Great DTs, good people, but at least one of them needs to spend a week in north Denver learning how to make a breakfast burrito. :-)

Agreed.  But since the Wall we are more like a picket fence in the middle.  Hopefully come April we'll address that.