Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans Sign FB Khari Blasingame Off Vikings’ Practice Squad
Blasingame played ball at Vanderbilt, which is in Nashville, they probably had their eye on him for a while.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
No one in the NFL has asked me to help construct a roster, but for a team that utilizes a FB as much as we do, Blasingame deserved a roster spot more than an injured S.
Agree.  

BUT....I'll just point this out....
32 teams have 2 safeties.  Only about 14 teams have even 1 FB.  

Sloter? lol

He's a FB who played well in preseason. Sat on the practice squad all this time. I think we'll be ok. If Minnesota had 2 FBs on their active roster, somebody needed to be slapped. Can anyone name another FB in the NFL? Yeah, that's what I thought. If that FB gets injured, then you use one of your TEs in that blocking role. OR you sign him from your practice squad, which I'm sure Minnesota would have done if Hammer went down. They aren't hard to find in the FA market, either.

Not saying I don't like the kid's potential, just saying this is really a non-issue.

Quote: @"savannahskol" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
No one in the NFL has asked me to help construct a roster, but for a team that utilizes a FB as much as we do, Blasingame deserved a roster spot more than an injured S.
Agree.  

If a starting S goes out, we have backups. If our FB goes out, about 40% of our offense is impacted. Then we have to pick up a street FA to learn our O. 

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
@"savannahskol" said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Agree.  

If a starting S goes out, we have backups. If our FB goes out, about 40% of our offense is impacted. Then we have to pick up a street FA to learn our O. 
I won't argue that Hammer is a staple more than most FBs. He gets a shitload of snaps. Good point here, brofus. 

I mean you cant cut a fullback with the last name like Ham. 

No, but you can spiral slice him.