Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some truth to this...

If you consider how much time Dak gets in the pocket and how little pass rush pressure he faces compared to what Cousins faces, you start to appreciate Cousins more. 
I can't think of many QBs who do better with that much pressure.  Russell Wilson? OK.  Wilson is better. And Wilson is a lot more mobile than Kirk. But who else?  Rodgers is better but so is his protection. Brees gets more time. Rivers gets a lot of pressures. But he throws it away a lot, too. And what's the Chargers' record? ...
Cousins has thrown 2 or 3 crazy passes, his worst being the late interception vs. GB. But I think he is smart enough to have learned from that.  We should not see that again.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Cousins has balls. He'll stand in there with a lot of noise around him. He gets hit. But he looks downfield for the most part. But he has a few hiccups in his game. I don't know what his ceiling is. I can't trust him completely. But this is who I brought to the dance, so let's dance. He's a highly likable and earnest player.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Cousins has balls. He'll stand in there with a lot of noise around him. He gets hit. But he looks downfield for the most part. But he has a few hiccups in his game. I don't know what his ceiling is. I can't trust him completely. But this is who I brought to the dance, so let's dance. He's a highly likable and earnest player.
I liked his qoute after the game when they asked about "his win",  he corrected her and said it was a team win,  its a team game or something like that... no its not unusual to hear that kind of rhetoric,  but when it comes from Cousins you believe its more than just a sound bite to him,   that is really how he feels IMO.

Cousins is a different QB when he scrambles from the rush as he did on the pass to Rudy.  The games he gets into trouble is when he stays in the pocket and doesn't sense the pressure.  The seams are there for him to escape the pocket, if he can do that as he did last night, we will have a successful rest of the season.  

Cousins has reduced turnovers, especially fumbles in the pocket this season.

Kubiaks   run game offense success with Cook  has made Cousins lethal in play action. 

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
Cousins has reduced turnovers, especially fumbles in the pocket this season.

Kubiaks   run game offense success with Cook  has made Cousins lethal in play action. 

There was one play that he impressively held onto the ball.  Don't remember if he got sacked, but the d-lineman pawed at the ball and cousins held it and pulled it down.