@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
its because he champions for racial issues,  that makes him a martyr  hero a divisive figure and great for media fixation no matter what the facts are about the rest of the story.
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.
Nothing wrong with divisive. Jesus was divisive. MLK was divisive. Shouldn't we all be working to thwart racial injustice--injustice of any kind? 
He isn’t a hero or a martyr.  While there are legitimate discussions needed on the police, race, etc ... he hurt the cause.  

Let’s not forget his kneeling was not his first attempt at bringing light to problems.  He started by wearing socks with pigs dressed as cops.  

MLK was a hero.  CK was a washed up football player using racial divide as a way to make money and fame.  He became a hero to the left.  He hurt black relations with police.  He ignored the true problems within the black community. 
At the bold....Trump talked about grabbing women by the ... and paying women off, insulted Gold Star families, promoting divide yet he is president and "we" are still defending him. Give the guy a chance... he made a mistake.  

oh my.  And Clinton raped Broderick and Hillary called people deplorable...
That really pertains to the conversation, doesn't it.
Yep it does. All I am saying is people were able to forgive Trump and vote for him (despite his transgressions) same for Clinton so give the guy a chance he made a mistake. If we could forgive Clinton and Trump we can forgive Kaep. Nice try by the way.
a chance at what?  he wants a job he was marginal at towards the end of his career in a league where he would be nothing more than a circus side show now.  if he wanted to play football and show that he still has game,  he has had other opportunities and he hasnt taken them,  CFL and now the XFL would certainly benefit from have such a talent wouldnt they?  or is it easier to keep selling the notion that his greatness is overlooked simply because of his political stance?
If you read my posts (the bold) you would see what I was commenting on. He made a mistake with the socks.. it was wrong... move on and give him a chance and react to what he did today as opposed to bringing that up (don't be stuck on the socks issue...it was a mistake. Just like Trump and Clinton made mistakes yet others gave them a chance - voting for them and supporting them).
I could care less if he has a job or not. I am just surprised at the righteousness that he wore socks with pigs dressed as cops so he is doomed for eternity. That's all

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
its because he champions for racial issues,  that makes him a martyr  hero a divisive figure and great for media fixation no matter what the facts are about the rest of the story.
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.
Nothing wrong with divisive. Jesus was divisive. MLK was divisive. Shouldn't we all be working to thwart racial injustice--injustice of any kind? 
He isn’t a hero or a martyr.  While there are legitimate discussions needed on the police, race, etc ... he hurt the cause.  

Let’s not forget his kneeling was not his first attempt at bringing light to problems.  He started by wearing socks with pigs dressed as cops.  

MLK was a hero.  CK was a washed up football player using racial divide as a way to make money and fame.  He became a hero to the left.  He hurt black relations with police.  He ignored the true problems within the black community. 
At the bold....Trump talked about grabbing women by the ... and paying women off, insulted Gold Star families, promoting divide yet he is president and "we" are still defending him. Give the guy a chance... he made a mistake.  

Yep it does. All I am saying is people were able to forgive Trump and vote for him (despite his transgressions) same for Clinton so give the guy a chance he made a mistake. If we could forgive Clinton and Trump we can forgive Kaep. Nice try by the way.
a chance at what?  he wants a job he was marginal at towards the end of his career in a league where he would be nothing more than a circus side show now.  if he wanted to play football and show that he still has game,  he has had other opportunities and he hasnt taken them,  CFL and now the XFL would certainly benefit from have such a talent wouldnt they?  or is it easier to keep selling the notion that his greatness is overlooked simply because of his political stance?
If you read my posts (the bold) you would see what I was commenting on. He made a mistake with the socks.. it was wrong... move on and give him a chance and react to what he did today as opposed to bringing that up (don't be stuck on the socks issue...it was a mistake. Just like Trump and Clinton made mistakes yet others gave them a chance - voting for them and supporting them).
I could care less if he has a job or not. I am just surprised at the righteousness that he wore socks with pigs dressed as cops so he is doomed for eternity. That's all
but what does any individual forgiving him have anything to do with him working as a QB?  the only reason to bring him up on a football board is to discuss the over talked topic of should he be in the league.   honestly i usually dont even remember the socks until somebody else brings them up.  the kneeling thing pisses me off more than the socks.  kneeling is disrespectful to our country and those that have died and suffered for that flag and what it represents.  those socks... thats just plain dumb assness.

for the record,  if any Viking had come out a knelt,  i would have zero support for them as well.  yes its their right to protest and those same soldiers fought to protect that right,  but it doesnt mean it isnt disrespectful to those same soldiers.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

but what does any individual forgiving him have anything to do with him working as a QB?  the only reason to bring him up on a football board is to discuss the over talked topic of should he be in the league.   honestly i usually dont even remember the socks until somebody else brings them up.  the kneeling thing pisses me off more than the socks.  kneeling is disrespectful to our country and those that have died and suffered for that flag and what it represents.  those socks... thats just plain dumb assness.

for the record,  if any Viking had come out a knelt,  i would have zero support for them as well.  yes its their right to protest and those same soldiers fought to protect that right,  but it doesnt mean it isnt disrespectful to those same soldiers.
Well, this thread was really not about his QB skills (hence why it was in "Sensitive" category). Also I only reacted to the socks comment reason I started my post with "At the bold...". 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

I know you know this but the bolded part you are incorrect on.  When a player is employed by a team and the nfl, the nfl and team have the right to tell you what you can or cannot say as well as what you can and cannot wear. 

Free speech only covers interference from the .gov not an employer.  An employer can pretty much dictate your life if they want to.  If I went out and said a bunch of racist things today and it hit the news or social media, though I'm self employed, I doubt my office mates would want me back tomorrow.  If you're W2 in most states (at will) the employer can fire you for any reason or no reason at all so long as they steer clear of the ADA and protected classes. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

I know you know this but the bolded part you are incorrect on.  When a player is employed by a team and the nfl, the nfl and team have the right to tell you what you can or cannot say as well as what you can and cannot wear. 

Free speech only covers interference from the .gov not an employer.  An employer can pretty much dictate your life if they want to.  If I went out and said a bunch of racist things today and it hit the news or social media, though I'm self employed, I doubt my office mates would want me back tomorrow.  If you're W2 in most states (at will) the employer can fire you for any reason or no reason at all so long as they steer clear of the ADA and protected classes. 
I am not talking what the team thinks,  I am talking about my opinion on him and his "protests"...

Quote: @"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"mblack" said:
@"A1Janitor" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Fixed it for you.
fixed it more.

Well, this thread was really not about his QB skills (hence why it was in "Sensitive" category). Also I only reacted to the socks comment reason I started my post with "At the bold...". 
its in the ST because the OP is respectful enough of the main board and knew that this would quickly go beyond a discussion of it being a taco feed.  Kapernick is a wanna be nfl QB,  that is the story,  his past as an nfl QB,  and why he is no longer an NFL QB is the story,   tacos for the homeless is not a story.  his QB skills or lack of,  is the item for discussion.  his wearing offensive socks and giving away tacos is nothing.

Quote: @"pumpf" said:
@"VikingOracle" said:
Putting aside some of his immature and stupid messaging, I think it is entirely unfair to say that he was "using racial divide as a way to make money and fame."  You may recall that he signed a performance-based contract -- meaning, if he didn't perform, he didn't get paid.  The actual guarantees were very small and Kaepernick's salary for any year went down $2 million each year if he was not named first- or second-team All-Pro, or if the 49ers didn't play in the Super Bowl the previous season with 80% of the snaps taken by Kaepernick.  No player has ever entered a contract like that before or after.  He could have made a lot more in his career but he believed in being paid for actual future production.  That was stupid but it shows he was not simply motivated by money.  Moreover, in his football career, he would have made a lot more money by simply staying quiet about the things he believed in -- like a lot of people do.  As for fame, I think the first post above proves that he does not do things for fame.  Frankly, he appears to back up what he says with action -- maybe he lacks judgement in how he backs up his words and beliefs but I don't think it is fair to say he is motivated by "fame and money."
He was rumored to have told the AAF he would not play for them for less than $20 million.  He wanted gobs of money in his "collusion" lawsuit... but settled for less.  He didn't speak out about all these "injustices" until AFTER he got benched (if I'm recalling that correctly).  He had multiple offers to earn his way back into the league, but was unwilling to do so- unless he was paid what he thought he was worth.  In fact, if he was willing to come back as a back-up, he MIGHT have still been given a chance to play.  But he wanted to be a starter... and to be paid like a starter.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it seems to be driven more by what you want to be true... than what actually is.
I am not certain why you are questioning where I am getting information.  His contract is well-known and in fact, my description of the contract is a direct quote from this article from Business Insider (which is a good source, I think you can agree): https://www.businessinsider.com/colin-kaepernick-record-49ers-contract-2017-8

In comparison, you rely upon a "rumor" -- I really think that Business Insider (my source) is better than a "rumor."   Moreover, as the AAF fee structure was to give each of its players, regardless of position, a three-year contract worth $250,000, don't you think the Kaepernick rumor really is him saying, "I wouldn't play for you if you paid me $20 million?"  Really, putting your future health on the line for a 3 year contract at less than 100k per season -- that would be a very stupid move.  (Source for AAF contract details: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alliance_of_American_Football)

As for your multiple offers to earn his way back into the league -- really?  Here is a 2018 article about his "multiple offers" (https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2791321-john-elway-colin-kaepernick-had-his-chance-to-be-here-was-offered-contract)  So, lets run them down according to this article:

(1)  Broncos offer -- 7 mill/year, 2 year contract.  The problem with using this to support your claim is "The Broncos' contact with Kaepernick occurred when he was still with the Niners and before he began kneeling during the playing of the national anthem to protest social injustice and racial inequality."  "But the finances over the first two years are not favorable for Kaepernick.  Agreeing to Denver's offer would cost the 28-year-old quarterback $12.4 million in base salary, and potentially as much as $16.2 million, over the next two years. His current contract with the 49ers pays a base salary of $11.9 million for the 2016 season and $14.5 million in 2017."  (Source: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/source-kap-not-willing-take-broncos-current-pay-cut-offer).  Also Elway offered Kaepernick a contract in 2016 but passed on him a year later after the protests, despite Kaepernick’s improved numbers that season.  (Source: https://www.vox.com/identities/2018/9/6/17820158/colin-kaepernick-eric-reid-collusion-grievance-protest-settlement).

(2)  Ravens spoke with Kaepernick.  This is not exactly an "offer" to have him get back in the league.  In fact, money was never discussed.  "NFL Network's Michael Silver reported on Saturday that Kaepernick would be excited to join the Ravens, but has had zero discussions with any team about money at this point."  (Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000823409/article/ravens-weve-had-direct-talks-with-colin-kaepernick).

(3)  "Seattle Seahawks scheduled a workout with him in April, but it was postponed."  Well, I don't think you can call that an "offer" to get back in the league.

So, I would love to see "where you're getting your information" that  "[h]e had multiple offers to earn his way back into the league" -- since I have now sourced my information for you.  To quote you, "I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but it seems to be driven more by what you want to be true... than what actually is."