Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back from Vegas, go Vikings!
With my liver now making a miraculous recovery and back home, what an enjoyable game Sunday. Was at a very cool sports bar in Vegas called Beer Park with a nice contingent of other Viking's fans. Felt like a very off-script game/win for the boys in Purple, which was great. I think I could get used to a 10 am start (West Coast) as it opens up the rest of the day for other things if so inclined. Plus, I get up way too $%^&ing early, so its right in my wheelhouse. 

The O-line looked the best I've seen them yet this year. Cousins arm strength is very underrated. That shot to Thielen for the TD was a rocket while he was moving to his left (tough throw for a righty). Going for the throat with 3:00 minutes left on the deep shot to Diggs had me almost emotional. About #$%^ing time. Go for the kill. I think Cousins got so excited to see Diggs open on that play he kind of floated one to make 100% sure he caught it, which is fine. These bootlegs are gold and I now love them (earlier I was bagging on these as gimmicky). Love seeing the fire from the offensive line, including my least favorite lineman, Riley Reiff. O'Neill, Bradbury and Elflein are rah-rah guys which is nice to see. They are into it. 

A nice win. Looks like Thielen will miss just one game tomorrow, so that's ok. I know I'm late to the party here for a game recap, but it was one enjoyable win. 

Luv me some Vegas, can't wait to get back. 

Watching the local news has me concerned AT may actually play tomorrow night. I say sit the man and give him 10 days to heal that for two difficult road games in a row: KC, Dallas. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Luv me some Vegas, can't wait to get back. 

Watching the local news has me concerned AT may actually play tomorrow night. I say sit the man and give him 10 days to heal that for two difficult road games in a row: KC, Dallas. 

If he plays Thursday and injures it worse, I will explode.  I do not believe we are dumb enough to play Thielen, a star WR, with a bad hamstring, against a poor team (not that any game is a gimme), on a short week.  If I were Wilf I would call Spielman and Zimmer just to confirm that that is not happening.

If the Vikings can't beat the Redskins without Thielen, they don't deserve to win.

I'm back from South Korea.

Loved the Lions game also. I missed the Eagles game, I was over there. I recorded it. My wife said they looked great. Got back Saturday just in time to watch my Gamecocks choke to Florida. They did beat Georgia while I was away.

I've never been to Vegas. We're planning a trip soon. After I watched The Hangover, Vegas is on my bucket list.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
I think I could get used to a 10 am start (West Coast) as it opens up the rest of the day for other things if so inclined. Plus, I get up way too $%^&ing early, so its right in my wheelhouse.

10am Sunday start times are the best thing ever. Close second is Sunday Night Football getting finished around 8:30p.

Quote: @SouthCarolinaViking said:
I'm back from South Korea.

Loved the Lions game also. I missed the Eagles game, I was over there. I recorded it. My wife said they looked great. Got back Saturday just in time to watch my Gamecocks choke to Florida. They did beat Georgia while I was away.

I've never been to Vegas. We're planning a trip soon. After I watched The Hangover, Vegas is on my bucket list.
Ive yet to find an uber who will let you “borrow” a tiger and steal a chicken.