Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are we even bothering to play this game?
Quote: @Mike Olson said:
I didn’t have much am issue with the refs. The defense on the other hand. We will not win many games with that scheme and effort.
I think those early flags (1 on Rhodes, 1 declined on Waynes) got in the DB's heads and got them playing soft/scared.  The flags were deserved, it was their reaction to them that made things worse.

Quote: @RS Express said:
@Mike Olson said:
I didn’t have much am issue with the refs. The defense on the other hand. We will not win many games with that scheme and effort.
I think those early flags (1 on Rhodes, 1 declined on Waynes) got in the DB's heads and got them playing soft/scared.  The flags were deserved, it was their reaction to them that made things worse.
The flag on Rhodes was pretty 50/50.

It was no worse than the non-call on the sideline catch by Diggs. He was interfered with and they let it go.

I'd take this back for sure. As I said, when I posted this it was during that bullshit Patricia discussion where they were reviewing the PI in the end zone. I can't think of a single issue I had with the refs after that.

Last crew we had allowed a lot of hand fighting/checking...this one not so much...the big issue is the disparity from one crew to the next...until the NFL goes to full time refs, anything they do is a bandaid on a deep flesh wound...

I was amazed that I didn't have any issues with the refs for this game. Mark it down, it happens once in a while.

I just want to know how they hell they called defensive holding on Stephen, a defensive tackle, on a run play right at him.??  They also called holding on Hunter when Hockenson was chipping him on his way out.  Seriously, a holding penalty on the defensive line in each of the first two possessions...  How often does that happen?   I don't believe they showed a direct spot replay of either of those penalties either.

Quote: @CLOBIMON said:
I just want to know how they hell they called defensive holding on Stephen, a defensive tackle, on a run play right at him.??  They also called holding on Hunter when Hockenson was chipping him on his way out.  Seriously, a holding penalty on the defensive line in each of the first two possessions...  How often does that happen?   I don't believe they showed a direct spot replay of either of those penalties either.
there was. no replay. or mention of. either call

Quote: @Viking1987 said:
@CLOBIMON said:
there was. no replay. or mention of. either call
the one on SS made no sense to me either... I can only guess that there was maybe a OG or center trying to pull and he held him?

as far as the PI on Rhodes, I didnt like the call.   The receiver looked to have pushed off as the ball was in the air and Rhodes had his head around looking for the ball then his arm went across the receivers arm, although the flag had already been thrown at that point so it really came on the previous contact which I thought looked plenty mutual.  The fact that the OPI is so unfairly applied has to be what is messing with these DBs heads.

Hunters holding was a garbage call
Shermar with a holding call? GTFO