Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More O-line Love
https://www.vikings.com/video/o-line-joi...ith-kirk-c
A fun episode.  Nice to see the quiet guys explain some of the offense.  Particularly liked O'Neill touching on the issues they had last year.  I will speculate that losing Sparano left a void that was filled by Flip's inexperience.  O'Neill said that last year they were varied, learned lots of different technique, different schemes to try and stay "balanced".  The difference this year is focusing on the scheme, learning it and doing what you do well.  It was obvious there was no identity for the line last year, and this is just a bit of insight into the why.

Good listen...

I will say to-date the run-blocking has been vastly improved and its sure 1 part scheme and 1 part player improvement.

Hopefully it will keep-up as DC's adjust to the film. Pass-blocking? I've said my peace, let's let the season unfold some more. 

The other big deal about Sparano passing (from a team perspective) was that Tony was much more of a conduit between Flip and Zimmer than I think many of the fan-base realized. That worm turned in a hurry. 

Very good!  Things for finding this and sharing it.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Good listen...

I will say to-date the run-blocking has been vastly improved and its sure 1 part scheme and 1 part player improvement.

Hopefully it will keep-up as DC's adjust to the film. Pass-blocking? I've said my peace, let's let the season unfold some more. 

The other big deal about Sparano passing (from a team perspective) was that Tony was much more of a conduit between Flip and Zimmer than I think many of the fan-base realized. That worm turned in a hurry. 
Yes, I think Tony was the rock which Zimmer trusted to keep the offense focused on the run.  As the run game coordinator, he would have had input into the scheme, game plan and such. 

I think we are much better off now with Kubiak and Dennison and the current scheme seems to be a great fit for the personnel.