Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sloter expects other NFL options (if Vikings keep 2 qb's)
Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:
No matter how you slice it.

If Mannion or Sloter have to play in a real game then we are in more trouble than a little bit!
I wouldn't be so sure just yet... Kirk needs to step up his game, thats all I will say.
Cousins wasn't the issue: 30 TDs - 10 INTs - 4300 yds and completed over 70% of his passes. 
I saw issues in a few games last year, NO, NE, Buffalo, both Bears games. He needs to step up and win a few of these types of games when maybe everything is not perfect to convince me. 
Don't forget the Nationally televised Seattle night game.  It was embarrassing to watch KC fumble and stumble into that loss.

I want to like KC, but he's just not getting it done when he faces adversity.  When the going gets tough against winning teams, he's usually on the losing end.

I hope this year is different, but I think at this point of his career, this is just who he is.
Agreed, Cousins is inconsistent. Good stats, not a winner. He was check down charlie the second half of the season. It is right to blame the offensive line and hope that is the only problem. We shall see.

Preseason is mostly meaningless, but the third game is often an indicator of good the first string can be. If so, it is an indicator of ongoing inconsistency and the offense looks a bit like last year.

As for Sloter, I think the Vikings would like to keep him and continue his development, but we will find out Saturday. As a fan I would like to see him get some snaps against better competition, but so be it!
but being on the losing end against good teams isnt always on him.  the D did him no favors in LA last year and KC kept the team in that game as well as leading drives to give Carlson opportunities to miss field goals in green bay.

I agree it's not always on KC, but it's hard to continue to ignore the stats.  Is it mostly bad luck, or other players fault for losses?
Kirk Cousins Career Stats:

Record in Primetime Games: 6-13

Record on Monday & Thursday Night: 1-12

Record vs. Winning Teams: 5-25

Record vs. Winning Teams in 2018: 1-6

Career Road Record: 13-23-2

Post-season Record: 0-1

he was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise dismal DC team.  Without seeing his stats in those games its really hard to put the blame on him.  its like saying because Ponder, TJack, and a few other former Vikings QB busts ended up with superbowl rings that they were quality QBs,  stats and accolades just dont tell a complete story.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:

If Mannion or Sloter have to play in a real game then we are in more trouble than a little bit!
I wouldn't be so sure just yet... Kirk needs to step up his game, thats all I will say.
Cousins wasn't the issue: 30 TDs - 10 INTs - 4300 yds and completed over 70% of his passes. 
I saw issues in a few games last year, NO, NE, Buffalo, both Bears games. He needs to step up and win a few of these types of games when maybe everything is not perfect to convince me. 
Don't forget the Nationally televised Seattle night game.  It was embarrassing to watch KC fumble and stumble into that loss.

I want to like KC, but he's just not getting it done when he faces adversity.  When the going gets tough against winning teams, he's usually on the losing end.

I hope this year is different, but I think at this point of his career, this is just who he is.
Agreed, Cousins is inconsistent. Good stats, not a winner. He was check down charlie the second half of the season. It is right to blame the offensive line and hope that is the only problem. We shall see.

Preseason is mostly meaningless, but the third game is often an indicator of good the first string can be. If so, it is an indicator of ongoing inconsistency and the offense looks a bit like last year.

As for Sloter, I think the Vikings would like to keep him and continue his development, but we will find out Saturday. As a fan I would like to see him get some snaps against better competition, but so be it!
but being on the losing end against good teams isnt always on him.  the D did him no favors in LA last year and KC kept the team in that game as well as leading drives to give Carlson opportunities to miss field goals in green bay.

I agree it's not always on KC, but it's hard to continue to ignore the stats.  Is it mostly bad luck, or other players fault for losses?

he was one of the few bright spots on an otherwise dismal DC team.  Without seeing his stats in those games its really hard to put the blame on him.  its like saying because Ponder, TJack, and a few other former Vikings QB busts ended up with superbowl rings that they were quality QBs,  stats and accolades just dont tell a complete story.
We're talking about games KC actually played in and was the starting QB.  These aren't games where he was a backup QB like Ponder and TJack. 

If KC gets the benefit of a top tier defense, top tier running game, and ST play like Case did a couple seasons ago, then he should do much better than he historically has in the past.  Clearly, he's not going to elevate a mediocre team to greatness.  I'm just not convinced he has that kind of team surrounding him.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"HappyViking" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"kmillard" said:
@"MarkSP18" said:

We're talking about games KC actually played in and was the starting QB.  These aren't games where he was a backup QB like Ponder and TJack. 

If KC gets the benefit of a top tier defense, top tier running game, and ST play like Case did a couple seasons ago, then he should do much better than he historically has in the past.  Clearly, he's not going to elevate a mediocre team to greatness.  I'm just not convinced he has that kind of team surrounding him.
point is,  stats and accolades dont paint a complete picture.  and last years Vikings team was hardly top tier in anything.  If they can put a decent line in front of him and keep the play calling from becoming stagnant,  IMO KC will do fine,  he isnt a top 5 QB,  but he is good enough to keep a decent O in the top of the leagues rankings.  as far as wins and losses,  horrible stat to try and compare a single players ability off of.

I think if Sloter would go out and have a fumble and throw a couple pick 6's tonight, we could all relax a bit!

Quote: @"jargomcfargo" said:
I think if Sloter would go out and have a fumble and throw a couple pick 6's tonight, we could all relax a bit!
i am sure that some are hoping for exactly that,  starting with Mannion.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
i am sure that some are hoping for exactly that,  starting with Mannion.
and probably Zimmer