Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vedvik is punting
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
From what I've heard on Twitter, interviews, etc. is that he is winning both jobs (he's already the kickoff guy). Whether they give him that opportunity remains to be seen tho. It hasn't happened since Frank Corral in '82.

Zimmer seems skeptical that a player could do both from a load-management perspective, but I say why not? I manage two jobs, two twins, two exes, two houses, two cars and two incontinent calico cats. All he does is kick a piece of leather up and down the field 6 months out of the year. It's not like he has to memorize a playbook or anything. 

And if he CAN do it? And does each in the top half of the NFL, then that 5th rounder was a damn bargain. 
I think our ST coordinator was the one that raised the issue whether one guy can handle the load.  He laughed that the other coaches would love to use that roster spot. 

I personally don't have an issue with going with one guy.  If he can do the job, then go for it.  Keeps him more involved and in the game.
I think it would be great as well,  but they better have somebody that for sure will be active and relatively injury free history to be able to step in and be serviceable.   I vote AT.  if kickers are usually the best golfers on the team why wouldnt a great golfer make a good kicker?  AT was a state golf champ IIRC in HS so giddy up.
I always thought kickers were great golfers because they didn't have much else to do so they spend the offseason on the golf course. 

Who knows, maybe sloter could be backup punter?  He is already HOF backup QB material...

Tired of hearing about giving up a 5th Rounder for the kid.

What Rick gave up was a pick he'd turn into 3 7th Round picks, one of which would be an Aruna or All Vowels-type and the others woukd end up on the PS.

To me that's a damn small price to pay for the potential of better kick-offs, punts and maybe even FGs.