Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sharper loses bid to undo plea deal
Sorry state of affairs when a loser convict plays the victim card.  Screw him...literally.

That sentence is still about 100 years light.

This is one of those times that I hope karma is very real, and is a huge part of his life in prison.

18 years was an absurd sentance...part of the reason only 1 in 10 rapes get reported...Sharper and anyone else who rapes should never walk the streets again...

I actually had this scumbags' jersey.  It's now in a landfill somewhere. Too bad he isn't.

Quote: @"BarrNone55" said:
18 years was an absurd sentance...part of the reason only 1 in 10 rapes get reported...Sharper and anyone else who rapes should never walk the streets again...
Huge part of why so many go unreported. The victims are revictimized by the legal process. Rape sentences are way too light. I don't think a rapist should ever have a sentence lightened for good behavior. 

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Huge part of why so many go unreported. The victims are revictimized by the legal process. Rape sentences are way too light. I don't think a rapist should ever have a sentence lightened for good behavior. 
I don’t think the sentences are any reason why.

I think fear of being attacked by attorneys and historical and cultural bullshit that questioned victims complicity.  

The culture needs to change. 

That doesn’t mean we throw out due process rights of alleged perps.  We can’t just accept suspect claims like in the Kavanaugh case without proof.  

We need better education.  

@"BarrNone55" said:
In the case of Jameis Winston. That girl got raped twice. 1st by the serial sexual assulter. Then by campus and local police that wouldn't dare investigate during a NCAA. Championship season.

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
In the case of Jameis Winston. That girl got raped twice. 1st by the serial sexual assulter. Then by campus and local police that wouldn't dare investigate during a NCAA. Championship season.
Yeah that was complete and utter bullshit. Clearly winning football games was more important. It's very difficult for a rape victim to get justice. Then there's the backlog of rape test kits. Even when the victim goes through the testing and the questioning, sometimes years go by before her kit is tested and many times, it's not tested at all.

@suncoastvike said:
@Vikergirl said:
@"BarrNone55" said:
Yeah that was complete and utter bullshit. Clearly winning football games was more important. It's very difficult for a rape victim to get justice. Then there's the backlog of rape test kits. Even when the victim goes through the testing and the questioning, sometimes years go by before her kit is tested and many times, it's not tested at all.
Another big part of it is most the perpetrators are not unknown to the victims. They don't do nothing more then ask him questions. If I was a young girl I'd think twice about alerting your tortmentor you went to the cops. If you've been told they  won't do anything by others who've been through it.