Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mac Getting Some Love
#Vikings Mike Zimmer on Mackensie Alexander: “He’s probably changed as far as work ethic and attitude and everything more than maybe any guy I’ve coached. He’s just completely bought in to everything we’re doing, asking the right questions, doing everything, taking extra reps.''

Contract year.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Contract year.
Of course. In today's NFL, you can't have enough back end guys. The Patriots value that group more than any on D. Mac had to mature a lot before the light went on.

It makes me wonder if the Vikings are working on an extension for either Alexander or Waynes - but not both.

Quote: @RS Express said:
Contract year.

True, but sometimes that is meant as an implication that a player has been lax or underachieving, then only improves their effort during a contract year. That's not how I view Alexander: I think he had struggles as a rookie in adapting to the NFL, to a complex defensive system, and playing nickel (and maybe a bit of bad attitude because he disliked sliding to round 2), then in his second year still struggled at times but also flashed improvement - but last year, he was arguably our best corner at times. This is a steady ascension, not a player waking up just to earn a second contract.

I don't know how/if they'll be able to keep XR, TW, MA, MH....

X is probably going to have to re-up??

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
I don't know how/if they'll be able to keep XR, TW, MA, MH....

X is probably going to have to re-up??
It's conceivable that they extend Waynes and trade Rhodes (turning 30 and expensive).