Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patriots buy their own planes
Write-off or not, its not going to cover anywhere near the amount of $$$ Kraft is throwing at this. It also shows the level of commitment he has as an owner to the players, staff and believe me, this is just another recruiting tool down the road for FA too. 

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Big, big expense to take on...These owners are swimming in $
you can buy these planes for as little as 3 million dollars,  he likely spent more in the 10 to 20 mill range, but like the story says... he wouldnt have done it if it wasnt going to pay for itself.

write off all the operating expenses,  depreciate the machine until its not longer worth the hassle and then sell it back on the used market to some fan with money.

we also have to remember how much they are saving in travel expenses with the way its done currently.  I doubt most teams are in a city big enough to make it work, but i am sure those planes wont be sitting around between road games,  they will be earning their keep.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
Two words....Write off

[Image: 3aef37ef091cba004691f966f9693059--seinfeld.jpg]

Quote: @"Ralphie" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
Two words....Write off

[Image: 3aef37ef091cba004691f966f9693059--seinfeld.jpg]

nice post about nothing...

Most airplanes are leased out when not in use.  I'm sure that's what the Krafts will be doing.

Perhaps the airports at opposing cities will suddenly have trouble finding a place for these guys to land/take off.

Just wish someone would lengthen the runway at the chicken farm in Wisconsin where 
opposing teams land when they play the Puke.  Taking eight hours to "rescue" opposing teams is pretty F'ked up

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Big, big expense to take on...These owners are swimming in $
It is amazing how many people think these owners live off the teams revenue. I think you would find that the Kraft family could afford a shinny new jet without the Patriots. First there was the filthy rich and the filthy rich said let there be an NFL. If the Wilfs wanted a fancy new jet for the Vikings they could buy it without dipping into Viking money. Will they...............NO. It is almost always better to lease. let someone else pick up the maintenance on and berthing for one of those monsters.