Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cousins already impressed with WR Jordan Taylor
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:

If the Vikings get their way, Cook is going to see a lot more work vs year-ago than anyone playing WR #3 will get vs last season. 
Agree. Kubiak uses 12 personnel (1 back, 2 TE) more than most coordinators. I think I read where the WR3 in a Kubiak offense typically gets about 20 catches per season, which is 15 less than even Treadwell had last year. Pretty sure that's why the Vikings chose to drop WR among their list of needs in the draft. I really wanted us to look at WR3 in round two, but if I'd just thought about the offense we'll be running, it would've been obvious to me that WR wasn't an option for us that high. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the TE2 (Irv Smith) and the RB2 (Alex Mattison) both get more yards than the WR3, whoever that is. 

Of course, no one knows quite what a Stefanski/Kubiak combo special is going to look like, but my hunch is that it's going to look a lot more like Kubiak than anything else. Stefanski has been with the team for years. He was even the coordinator for the last few games last season. And yet, all we've heard from OTAs is how the team is adjusting to the "new" offense, the "new" playbook, etc. To me that suggests that Kubiak's fingerprints will be all over this offense. 
as long as flippers finger prints are never seen again on the Vikings O... I am good with about anything we see from Stef.