Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradbury a Viking if they re-signed Easton?
Water under the bridge now, and not sure if they ever thought of Easton as a Center...

May still have been Bradbury given how the draft fell.

I think if Elflein was the best center he could be and Bradbury the same, Bradbury would be the better NFL player. Bradbury is talked about as the best center prospect in years. Elflein has a bunch of college experience playing guard, it won't be a hard transition at all. It will also help that he'll have from this point on until the beginning of September to practice at OG (Elflein). Keep in mind that Elflein was a 3rd round pick, so its not like he was considered a 1st round talent per se.

I know your question was about Easton, but I don't think Minnesota considered him anything more than a backup at center and a starter at guard. I don't think they would have transitioned him to a starting center role (Easton) in any long term capacity (and they had the opportunity to do so). His new team might feel differently.

I read that the team didn’t think Easton was ready, healthwise I would assume,,,  

I seem to recall I read somewhere—like shortly after Elflein was drafted— that he actually preferred playing guard.  Did anyone else hear that?  I could be totally wrong—thats just always been lodged somewhere in a very unreliable part of my brain.

I think it is interesting how the saints traded in front of us to get McCoy from Texas A&M in the 2nd. I wonder if they are concerned with the health of Easton?

Quote: @Caactorvike said:
I seem to recall I read somewhere—like shortly after Elflein was drafted— that he actually preferred playing guard.  Did anyone else hear that?  I could be totally wrong—thats just always been lodged somewhere in a very unreliable part of my brain.
Yes, that's true. I don't remember if he said it before or after he was drafted, but he did say he thought he was a better guard than center and that he actually preferred playing there.

Quote: @kmillard said:
I think it is interesting how the saints traded in front of us to get McCoy from Texas A&M in the 2nd. I wonder if they are concerned with the health of Easton?
It's a poorly kept secret that the team needed major improvements at the guard positions and for depth so I dont think its anything that they thought we might take another interior lineman.

Easton wasn’t going to affect the center position at
all.  Easton was competing with Kline for
that veteran stop-gap / depth guy that can start if we didn’t upgrade in the
draft.

If a better guard was available, Elflein would stay at
center.  If a better center was
available, Elflein gets pushed to guard.