Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oli Udoh
This is a really exciting pick. Massive small college tackle with 36 inch arms I think? Really impressive footwork and athleticism for his size. Went to the Senior Bowl and held is own against 1st round pass rushers. This is my 3rd favorite pick after Bradbury and Irv. 

Looks like a raw, more athletic Loadholt in the 6th round.  Now it's up to the coaching staff.

Quote: @"RS Express" said:
Looks like a raw, more athletic Loadholt in the 6th round.  Now it's up to the coaching staff.
So much upside with this guy. Now, develop him. And don't lose him like you did with Gossett. 

I figured that this would be the case of much of this draft.  Excepting positions of obvious need, the team is actually pretty stacked and has the luxury of time to "coach up" some raw prospects.  Hell, I think Zimmer prefers blank slates with athletic gifts.

At least we finally have a Norwegian on the team.

http://draftanalyst.com/oli-udoh
Pos: 
Developing offensive lineman with tremendous upside. Sets with a wide base, bends his knees and keeps his feet moving. Fundamentally sound, keeps his head on a swivel and works his hands throughout the action. Strong, consistently gets leverage on opponents and anchors in pass protection. Makes terrific use of angles, moves relatively well on his feet and shows better-than-average skill off the edge and in motion. Correctly places his hands into pass rushers and rides them from their angles of attack. Had a terrific week of practice at the Shrine Game and backed it up with a solid showing during Senior Bowl practices.
Neg: 
Doesn't dominate on every down as a run blocker the way you would expect. Seems hesitant and very unsure of himself at times. Stiff.
Analysis: 
Udoh displayed solid development the past two seasons and comes with the versatility to play guard or tackle at the next level. He needs to polish his game and is a long way from being a starter, but he comes with incredible upside and could eventually play with the first team if developed properly.

I'd like to see him drop 20lbs or so...one negative I read was he doesn't always reach his landmark in the run game...I've seen his weight listed as high as 350+...320-325 would be better.

i feel good about this pick for some reason. Normally not thrilled about our later o line selections.

I listened to an interview post-Shrine Game with this youngster (listed at 323 and trim...not much of a belly).  He is intelligent, well-spoken and driven.  I think this is a Practice Squad at worst, but by the time they get to camp cuts, this guy might make the team if the Coaches can develop him enough in four months.

His Grandma is 6'8" tall!!