Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings in talks to trade up
I think its legitimate. My mock I'm about to post will suggest that as well Wink 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@ArizonaViking said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@lakeerievike said:
If we trade in the first to move up, it'll likely be with Buffalo.  They would give up #9 for #18 and Trey Waynes.  They have $30 in cap space.  
I could see Rick moving Waynes to move up. I just don't see him giving up any draft capital. 

Too many questions swirling around Hill and Hughes right now to trade Waynes. Even if Hughes is starting to run around in shorts.
Yeah, it's no slam dunk. The only thing we know for certain is that they've talked to other teams about Waynes. Your point about Hill and Hughes is well taken, but think of it another way: It's no secret that the Vikings loved what they saw from Hughes. Nothing but raves (sure, some of that may have been to justify an unpopular pick), but if they really do think he's the future, it's possible that he beats out Waynes for the starting job. Then you have $9M of cap space devoted to a non-starter when you could've recouped that and gained a day-two pick. And nothing's stopping you from adding corner depth in the middle rounds. Just something to think about. :-)

Who starts the season since Hill is serving a 4 game suspension if you trade Wayne.  Betting a lot, hoping Hill can get his head on straight...
Hughes.

I doubt Hughes will be at 100% by the start of the season.  I really hope he can go.
 I guess he was hurt week 6. I was thinking it was earlier than that. Still, he should be ready to at least participate in training camp, albeit on a limited basis.

Might be counting on too much to pull the trigger on a Waynes trade. But they knew about Hughes when they were talking trade at the combine, so who knows. 
They just need to trade Waynes with a clause that lets them keep him till week 6.

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
I think its legitimate. My mock I'm about to post will suggest that as well Wink 
Hmmm....who's it for? Gotta be Dillard or Williams, right? And Rick doesn't give up draft capital. So it's gotta involve Waynes, right? Pfff...I'll believe it when I see it. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Hopefully it is Jonah but it would be pretty interesting if it were Hockenson or Ed Oliver

Again, maybe the Texans and Vikings are talking to each other....

https://nfltraderumors.co/texans-poking-around-in-trade-market-for-veteran-cornerback/

Quote: @Norse said:
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/4/25/...-nfl-draft
Wow. Well the buzz has been strong that we're going to see more trades in this draft than ever before. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Again, maybe the Texans and Vikings are talking to each other....

https://nfltraderumors.co/texans-poking-around-in-trade-market-for-veteran-cornerback/
Smile 

I don't believe any of it but nevertheless if RS could fleece the Texans for Waynes that would be alright with me.

Quote: @comet52 said:
I don't believe any of it but nevertheless if RS could fleece the Texans for Waynes that would be alright with me.
it wouldnt be a fleecing. We’d be giving up draft capital as well. Maybe our 2nd and Waynes for the 23rd?