Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft Discussion Day 1
Quote: @RS Express said:
@kmillard said:
As a Viking fan I love what the packers did!)) So thankful they didn't get Oliver or Hockenson. 
My first 2 thoughts when Hockenson went to Detroit were 
1.  "Oh, crap"
2.  "At least it wasn't the Packers"

Very happy with Bradbury.

As for the Raiders at #4, maybe Ferrell was a reach, but I understand the reasoning:
NFL sacks 2018:
30: Patriots/Giants (tie): 30 sacks
32: Raiders 13
When you have less than half the sacks than the next worst team, I can see why they wanted a true DE. 

My "reeeeeeach" award (and I hope I turn out to be right) goes to GB.  Rashan Gary at 12 and trading up for Savage who might have still been there at 30.  Also the NYG for taking a QB at 6 they could have had at 17.

Nice work by the Skins (did I just type that?) and the Broncos (trade down from 10 to 20 and end up with Noah Fant).

"Lets just F with people" award to the Seahawks.  Trade down from 21 to 30.  Leapfrog your own pick to come up from the 2nd round to 29. Then trade out from 30.  
I had the same reaction with Hockenson, "At least the Packers didn't draft him." He'll help Detroit, but I'm much less concerned about them than if GB gets on track and thankfully, GB made some risky decisions.

As for the Raiders, they apparently passed on Josh Allen and Ed Oliver, because they were represented by the same agent as Khalil Mack. There was a time when the Vikings we were weary of taking players represented by Bryant McKinnie's agent, Ben Dogra, but you'd hope that a player's agent would be a tie-breaker and not make you pass on higher end talent. With Clelin Ferrell, they got a good player and someone who is considered a high character person, but they really should have traded down. Maybe they tried & failed, but it's definitely a questionable move.

One thing that I'm curious about is that Clemson's DL had 3 1st round picks and they have 2 more DL prospects who are likely to be drafted, so on a line what that much talent how can you tell how much of their success is ability and how much is favorable matchups? Athletic measurables help and technique would still show up on tape, but would you be more comfortable with a Clemson DL or someone like Ed Oliver who was not surrounded by the same caliber of talent?

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Amazonviking said:
Forget that, Speilman needs to be gone.  I have nothing against Bradbury but come on a Center in the first round?  The highest paid center in the history of the league is making less money than Barr.  We could have signed Morse from KC and drafted a long term solution at tackle.  This pick makes no sense from a value standpoint and more so a need standpoint.  Spielman is garbage this proves it.  Complete waste of a value pick with a lot of guys on the board that could help a lot more than a center.  Hell our last 2 pro bowlers were late round picks at center.  
I might've taken Dillard over Bradbury but only because of position value. I stand by what I've said all along: that Bradbury is the best offensive lineman in this draft. This is an IDEAL outside zone blocker. Kubiak is celebrating. 

It’s cool to see someone as jacked as I am about this pick. Heck even more so lol! I agree with you. He can start at Center or Guard tomorrow and will likely be one if the better guys in the league out of the gate. Just think Maroon, he’s going to get even stronger especially in his base. The absolute jump out at you part of his game when I watched his tape was his speed. It’s outstanding. He can slide down so easily and stick a guy. It’s a huge positive attribute in this league of speed defensive lineman. He doesn’t take extra steps or need to adjust, he’s on top of a guy so quick he’s already got the guy washed out before he can try to counter him. He’s a linebacker nightmare in the run game. 

Excited to see what else they do but there’s no doubt in my mind Bradbury is a pro bowl caliber prospect and can be a bug difference maker. He was also among the safest picks in this draft in my opinion.

IMHO, think we got the next Matt Birk.  After reading all the comments, threads and mocks posted, I said we'd either get Bradbury or Dillard.
And after listening to RS and Zim, I think some of our "draftnicks" (MaroonBells in particular) correctly analyzed what the Vikes were looking for in an O-lineman.
VikeFans has shown, yet again, that we've got some excellent draft experts of our own.  A tip of the horned helmet to you guys!
[Image: giphy.gif]