Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The whole creepy Joe Biden thing.

https://joebiden.info/
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-04-0...ropriately

Do you think this is going to bite the mainstream media in the ass as they try to play this off as just being affectionate when it's going to come out that he's done this often and with children?  People are going to be scouring footage of every press conference he's ever been in trying to get a tally going.  There's just so much footage of him doing this, and footage is much more damning than accusations without corresponding video/photographic evidence.

yes, I think it was a lady on MSNBC that was saying he was just an affectionate guy.  Dude is a creep.  Sniffing the hair of strangers? 

And not just the media, but Bernie and Durbin I think saying he should get a pass on one accusation?  Seems quite different than a few months back in hearing for a SCOTUS nominee.

video is one hell of a media format

I don't think Biden's going to get anywhere. If they haven't already, the Republican ratf*ckers will soon discover that the candidate they need to focus on is Buttigieg. 

I don't know what Biden's deal is- one way or the other.  But I find it funny that he's blaming the "right wing" for all this.  Yes, it's true that SOME Republicans are taking this and running with it.  But, isn't it pretty obvious that this is really coming from some of his Democratic competitors?  I don't know which one, but we've had a few smears already against Klobuchar and Beto.  And now Biden.  All of those things might be true... but I doubt that it's the Republicans who are throwing it out there.

Quote: @pumpf said:
I don't know what Biden's deal is- one way or the other.  But I find it funny that he's blaming the "right wing" for all this.  Yes, it's true that SOME Republicans are taking this and running with it.  But, isn't it pretty obvious that this is really coming from some of his Democratic competitors?  I don't know which one, but we've had a few smears already against Klobuchar and Beto.  And now Biden.  All of those things might be true... but I doubt that it's the Republicans who are throwing it out there.
Some of it is coming from the democratic contenders, but there is no doubt A LOT is coming from the right. and understandably so.  This is what the whole Kavenaugh debacle that was started by Fienstien and the democrats created.  They opened pandoras box and made it OK to just throw B.S. allegations against somebody you do like or agree with all for political gain. Now the shoe is on the other foot and its going to bite uncle joe.  

Character doesn't matter anymore. Yes he's creepy. Being a creep or a perv or just a jerk doesn't matter, right? Sniffing grabbing braggging paying...it's all ok now. To think we once impeached a man for lieing about a BJ. How far we've come...err, much we've grown...Wait, how do i say this without sounding like a dick pun?

did some of you not refer to him as creepy joe years ago?  this is nothing new. 

Quote: @suncoastvike said:
Character doesn't matter anymore. Yes he's creepy. Being a creep or a perv or just a jerk doesn't matter, right? Sniffing grabbing braggging paying...it's all ok now. To think we once impeached a man for lieing about a BJ. How far we've come...err, much we've grown...Wait, how do i say this without sounding like a dick pun?
I think it still matters.  Unfortunately, both sides have taken a turn at denying that... for the sake of "winning".  Of course, if we really DID have a separation of powers (like you mentioned in a different thread), these individual elections wouldn't be so dire.  But, since presidents have ramped up their claims to power (which REALLY took off under Obama.. and now is being used by Trump), that office has grown in power.  And the SCOTUS wouldn't be so important, if it was still about interpreting the law, rather than creating it.  Again, you have Democrats to thank for that (perhaps starting with Roe v. Wade).  Of course, at least with a "conservative" judge, their goal isn't to create law but to interpret it according to the Constitution.  But "conservative" judges have been shown to be capable of being "activists", just as much as liberal judges.  Meanwhile, the Republicans have used the shenanigans that previous Democrat politicians have used in the Congress to turn that into a clown show, too.

The ANSWER is for politicians to look for ways to give up their powers... and return to a Constitutional Republic.  But since Americans are too stupid to see the wisdom in that (Idiocracy is real), here we are.  Maybe if we didn't spend so much time teaching kids things OTHER than academic pursuits, they'd have a basic understanding of civics and economics.  Alas, more and more graduates are illiterate morons.  Oh, they can "read"; their "illiteracy" is to reality an how things actually work.  That's why people like AOC... and Trump... get elected.  

I like some of the things that Trump has done... but that doesn't mean I like HOW he has done it.  Then again, now that the Democrats have isolated themselves from reality- AND decided that bipartisanship means "losing" (something that I think Republicans started under Obama)- what's a president to do?  It used to be that he'd try to win people by the power of persuasion.  Now, it's all about "force".

Quote: @pumpf said:
@suncoastvike said:
I think it still matters.  Unfortunately, both sides have taken a turn at denying that... for the sake of "winning".  Of course, if we really DID have a separation of powers (like you mentioned in a different thread), these individual elections wouldn't be so dire.  But, since presidents have ramped up their claims to power (which REALLY took off under Obama.. and now is being used by Trump), that office has grown in power.  And the SCOTUS wouldn't be so important, if it was still about interpreting the law, rather than creating it.  Again, you have Democrats to thank for that (perhaps starting with Roe v. Wade).  Of course, at least with a "conservative" judge, their goal isn't to create law but to interpret it according to the Constitution.  But "conservative" judges have been shown to be capable of being "activists", just as much as liberal judges.  Meanwhile, the Republicans have used the shenanigans that previous Democrat politicians have used in the Congress to turn that into a clown show, too.

The ANSWER is for politicians to look for ways to give up their powers... and return to a Constitutional Republic.  But since Americans are too stupid to see the wisdom in that (Idiocracy is real), here we are.  Maybe if we didn't spend so much time teaching kids things OTHER than academic pursuits, they'd have a basic understanding of civics and economics.  Alas, more and more graduates are illiterate morons.  Oh, they can "read"; their "illiteracy" is to reality an how things actually work.  That's why people like AOC... and Trump... get elected.  

I like some of the things that Trump has done... but that doesn't mean I like HOW he has done it.  Then again, now that the Democrats have isolated themselves from reality- AND decided that bipartisanship means "losing" (something that I think Republicans started under Obama)- what's a president to do?  It used to be that he'd try to win people by the power of persuasion.  Now, it's all about "force".
I hear ya. Didn't mean to rant in the other thread. True leadership is lacking in this country in my opinion. We shouldn't have to settle for immature behaviour because we like some or a few of the things those who make the rules do. Imagine if you could how those who don't like even a few things feel. Is it necessary to make them feel worse? True leaders don't rub noses in the sh!t. There are always two sides. I've watched this pendulum swing for years. I have no doubt once this President's time is over it will swing so far away from Trumpism the other half will freak. Then it will be their turn to get their noses rubbed in it and told to take it. That's not leadership. It is what we've excepted from our leaders though. There was one thing I said in my other rant I do really mean. I may not vote again if this is what the results will be either way. I'll  just live with them results either way like I always have. I just won't contribute to it. I've never cared less.