Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex-Vikings kicker Blair Walsh: Last season 'wasn't fun'
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
deep breath there Mike,  hes not saying he didnt get a fair shake in Minny.  he simply said that he thought he could work through it but the team went a different direction and he didnt get the opportunity to prove or not prove himself right.
Not how I read it at all. 

He had his chance but he couldn't make it happen. He had more than enough chances. He is a good guy but we had to move forward. Peace out Wide Left. 

He's a nice guy, and I'm a mean gal. I'm glad he's gone. He had plenty of chances and he's smoking some serious Washington weed if he thinks he didn't.

I just dont see the malice in his comment.

So....if my job isn't "fun" then it's not worth the trouble to be a professional?

color me confused

Quote: W@"Vanguard83" said:
So....if my job isn't "fun" then it's not worth the trouble to be a professional?

color me confused
Where is the lack of professionalism?  Just because it wasn't fun does that mean he was half assing it?

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
I just dont see the malice in his comment.

“It just wasn’t fun,”
Walsh said of his last year in Minnesota. “It wasn’t fun trying to work through it and get better. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to finish out the year. I thought I would be able to correct it, and I didn’t get that chance.

“This team is genuine,” Walsh said. “It doesn’t seem like they change who they are if they go through a little bit of a rough patch or a losing streak, and I like that."
You (Walsh) didn't get that chance???  You got 9 games and missed 8 fucking kicks!!!  How many more misses did you think you SHOULD get from the coaches after you butt fucked them by missing a chip shot FG in the playoffs!!!
Comments like that...  I'm with Mike.  FUCK Walsh.  I hope he ends Seattle's season by missing a 27 yard FG.  See how Seattle treats you then...  I doubt they'll be welcoming you back with open arms. 

Quote: @"Wetlander" said:

“It just wasn’t fun,”
Walsh said of his last year in Minnesota. “It wasn’t fun trying to work through it and get better. Unfortunately, I didn’t get a chance to finish out the year. I thought I would be able to correct it, and I didn’t get that chance.
“This team is genuine,” Walsh said. “It doesn’t seem like they change who they are if they go through a little bit of a rough patch or a losing streak, and I like that."
You (Walsh) didn't get that chance???  You got 9 games and missed 8 fucking kicks!!!  How many more misses did you think you SHOULD get from the coaches after you butt fucked them by missing a chip shot FG in the playoffs!!!
Comments like that...  I'm with Mike.  FUCK Walsh.  I hope he ends Seattle's season by missing a 27 yard FG.  See how Seattle treats you then...  I doubt they'll be welcoming you back with open arms. 
I don't think it is malice as much as just typical yammering by a football player to canned questions.  He hasn't been there long enough to experience "genuine" and that BS.  It is a bit of a slap to the Vikings who stuck with him for too long in 2016, but he was talking seahawks, not Vikings.

That said, I hope he shanks a short one against us and is a blithering mess all year.

You can fix broken mechanics.  You can increase leg strength.  I’m just not sure how you can fix someone who
has the mental mindset to let one mistake snowball into a complete lack of
trust in their abilities.

I don’t doubt that Walsh might get his groove back for a
period of time, but you need a guy who’s mentally solid all the time.

Blair Walsh hasn't had a fun season for me since his rookie outing.

He was all-pro that year in my mind. Then went to average but still was able to get a large contract out of us, then went to crappy. If it was on the left hash, it was a miss.

Lesson learned: never draft kickers.