Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Rhodes??
Quote: @Jor-El said:
@Skodin said:
Rhodes for Osemele straight up

numbers should be similar, extend TW3 and drastically upgrade OG

Throw in returns of Easton and Collins, a 2nd round OG and 4th round OT.  MAJOR OL UPGRADE 

Reiff-Easton-Elf-Osemele-Oneill with 2nd rd OG, Isodora, Jones, Collins, 4th rd OT (highest floor lineup)

or

ONeill-Reiff-Elf-Osemele-Collins with Easton, 2nd rd OG, Isodora, Jones, 4th Rd OT (highest ceiling lineup)

1ST AND 3RD for DT and DE

Hunter-1st Rd-Joseph-Weatherly with a rotation of Griff, Johnson, Johnson, 3rd rd DE, Bower

Trenches upgrade with the best secondary we have ever had

I like the idea of acquiring Osemele. Would the Raiders make that deal? I think Gruden is trying to dump salaries and get draft picks or younger players, so he wants
Also, I would switch your line priorities. Instead of the DL getting picks 1+3 and OL getting 2+4, isn't it time to prioritize the offensive talent? If this draft is so loaded with DL talent, there should be someone available in the 2nd that got lost in the crowd, and out crack defensive coaches are more likely to turn that into gold than counting on our new offensive staff should be counted on. Seriously - the defensive line has 3of 4 starters under contract who have all been to Pro Bowls (Griffen, Hunter, Joseph), and the young reinforcements are Weatherly, Johnson, Holmes, Odenigbo, and Arunde. Why does that unit get more high picks again?
regarding the picks, my guy says they #1 if they did move Xavier, give Zim greater call on fhe first pick aka defense. #2 strong dt class and frankly we need an upgrade there as this past season, DT was a weakness.  

I expect at #18 the DT on the board will rank higher than the best OL but could be wrong.  

Regardless, I believe we have enough firepower and DBs to spend a majority of the beginning of the draft stregthening the trenches. It wont be sexy but needed

I don't see the Vikings motivation to trade Rhodes unless a team was willing to overpay. Maybe someone would be willing to do that but I don't see teams backing up to offer a 1st or package of a 2nd + mid-round pick. The exact reason the suggestion to move Rhodes has come up, his perceived down season, is the exact reason teams aren't going to offer compelling packages. 

In reality Rhodes had the 3rd lowest net yards per attempt against of all NFL corners and has only missed 4 games over the past 5 seasons. I'd argue he's a better bounce back candidate than trade chip. Waynes is a different story. 

Quote: @Skodin said:
@Jor-El said:
@Skodin said:
Rhodes for Osemele straight up

numbers should be similar, extend TW3 and drastically upgrade OG

Throw in returns of Easton and Collins, a 2nd round OG and 4th round OT.  MAJOR OL UPGRADE 

Reiff-Easton-Elf-Osemele-Oneill with 2nd rd OG, Isodora, Jones, Collins, 4th rd OT (highest floor lineup)

or

ONeill-Reiff-Elf-Osemele-Collins with Easton, 2nd rd OG, Isodora, Jones, 4th Rd OT (highest ceiling lineup)

1ST AND 3RD for DT and DE

Hunter-1st Rd-Joseph-Weatherly with a rotation of Griff, Johnson, Johnson, 3rd rd DE, Bower

Trenches upgrade with the best secondary we have ever had

I like the idea of acquiring Osemele. Would the Raiders make that deal? I think Gruden is trying to dump salaries and get draft picks or younger players, so he wants
Also, I would switch your line priorities. Instead of the DL getting picks 1+3 and OL getting 2+4, isn't it time to prioritize the offensive talent? If this draft is so loaded with DL talent, there should be someone available in the 2nd that got lost in the crowd, and out crack defensive coaches are more likely to turn that into gold than counting on our new offensive staff should be counted on. Seriously - the defensive line has 3of 4 starters under contract who have all been to Pro Bowls (Griffen, Hunter, Joseph), and the young reinforcements are Weatherly, Johnson, Holmes, Odenigbo, and Arunde. Why does that unit get more high picks again?
regarding the picks, my guy says they #1 if they did move Xavier, give Zim greater call on fhe first pick aka defense. #2 strong dt class and frankly we need an upgrade there as this past season, DT was a weakness.  

I expect at #18 the DT on the board will rank higher than the best OL but could be wrong.  

Regardless, I believe we have enough firepower and DBs to spend a majority of the beginning of the draft stregthening the trenches. It wont be sexy but needed
DT was a weakness - with Sheldon Richardson and Linvalle Joseph starting, Tom Johnson back most of the season, and 2 recent 4th-round picks for depth?
I think it's time to consider that the RESULTS of the interior of our defensive line (trouble with inside running, less-than-stellar pressure) are about scheme or coaching, because we have thrown significant talent into that mix for the past few years.
And - they have to give Zimmer "greater call on the first pick" to ease his pain if we lose Rhodes? Last year, it seemed like we had to do that AND rent Sheldon Richardson to make up for signing Cousins. I don't know if I believe it, but if Zimmer truly gets bothered when the defense sacrifices a little to help the offense...it's time to find a coach for the entire team.