Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NICKELL ROBEY-COLEMAN ISN'T GOING TO HOLD BACK NOW
National outrage around his name. Death threats. Facing the GOAT in the Super Bowl. B/R had to know: How's the suddenly infamous Rams CB handling it all? The answer: He's reveling in it.The party was raging 30,000 feet in the air, far, far above the mass hysteria raging on the ground. Flying from New Orleans back to LAX, fresh off an overtime stunner of an NFC Championship Game, Nickell Robey-Coleman soaked in the moment. Music blared. Players danced. His Los Angeles Rams were going to the Super Bowl, and the blatant pass interference he somehow got away with was a huge reason why.
Amid the beautiful chaos, the 27-year-old slot cornerback decided mid-flight to turn on his Wi-Fi, and...hello.
Notifications tripped over themselves by the dozens. Facebook. Instagram. Twitter. All of his accounts were blowing up with messages on a continuous loop and, no, they were not all congratulatory. There was a Saints fan promising to burn his house down. Another vowing to "f--k you up" at the airport. Another telling him he better leave the city ASAP or he "might not see tomorrow." There were countless death threats from what he presumed to be fake names.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2817...ce=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

I hope the FBI is brought into track these people back and charges are filed.  Its assinine that we can have that kind of anonymity without consequences.  I dont care if coleman isnt taking it serious,  this type of shit becomes common place and then we are all shocked when somebody follows through?  We cant allow this type of behavior to exist.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
I hope the FBI is brought into track these people back and charges are filed.  Its assinine that we can have that kind of anonymity without consequences.  I dont care if coleman isnt taking it serious,  this type of shit becomes common place and then we are all shocked when somebody follows through?  We cant allow this type of behavior to exist.
Yep.  And when the media foments it, I think they should be held responsible as well.  This age of doxxing, targeting peoples livelihood and social media assault needs to end.  A few well placed lawsuits or criminal charges would help rein it in.

Quote: @greediron said:
@JimmyinSD said:
Yep.  And when the media foments it, I think they should be held responsible as well.  This age of doxxing, targeting peoples livelihood and social media assault needs to end.  A few well placed lawsuits or criminal charges would help rein it in.
or some vigilante groups that start targeting the media and other outlets that allow this type of terrorist behavior.