Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kubiak Interview And Hiring
Quote: @StickyBun said:
@Havoc1649 said:
I’m a bit surprised the hiring of a Superbowl winning coach isn’t being received better. Kubiak is a great coach with a solid history. He’ll bring some great insight to this team. He left the Broncos due to health reasons not performance. His style of west coast offense is zone blocking and play action. I have little doubt we will be moving to his style of system. This should be a great fit for our current players. I expect he will bring a lot to the team.
Yep. I guess we needed to hire a 19 year old to one up the McVay craze/trend for some? 

Let's at least give it a shot next September and see what happens before we shit on it. Like I've said ad nauseam, upgrading the offensive line is going to make everyone look smarter. Avianti Collins is a player who's going to be in the mix somehow offensively, the team had big plans for him before his injury last season.
"upgrading the offensive line is going to make everyone look smarter". That's it right there. It won't matter who the coaches are if Rick doesn't find better players for the offensive line.

Quote: @Jor-El said:
@FSUVike said:
Jesus there are some paranoid Andriods around here lately.

Maybe, just maybe, Stefanski almost getting hired by the Browns got Rick & Mike thinking they need an in-house successor if Kevin does a good or great job next season.

And maybe that successor is actually, I don't know, a friend of Kevins.

Or maybe it was Stefanski who made the recommendation to hook up his friend and his friend's old man?

Lots of things we don't know. One thing I personally know? Vikings fans go straight to the Dark Side almost religously. Must be in the water.
I've calculated your chance of survival but I don't think you'll like it...
Seriously, you don't find it odd that we hire an Offensive Coordinator - and then, a week later, hire a different "Offensive Advisor", who has been interviewing for OC jobs elsewhere, and that the OA is the one who brings along 3 offensive coaches from his posse?
It sounds to me like one faction within the decision-making process liked Kubiak, with his great experience and maturity and ability to improve an OL with marginal personnel talent, but some other faction said, "We need one of those young offensive minds like Sean McVay that everyone is writing about, hire someone under 40!!"

Why can't it be as simple as Klint Kubiak calling his friend and asking if there was a spot for him and his dad on Kevin's  staff?

Or maybe Kevin knows he's got a good chance to move up after next season and wanted Klint in line to succeed him and he was the one who reached out and got things started.

In the absence of facts it's anyone's guess. I choose not to go straight to the negative.

I can't really rationalize the fear of Stefanski/Kubiak tripping over each other, simply because Stefanski does not have a coaching resume that is very exciting. I think most of us are excited for him because he's been a "Viking" since 2006. The backbone of what got him to this point was a lot of garbage on offense. Jackson/Holcomb/Favre/Ponder... He's been here his entire career, without a role even close to resembling the type of responsibility he now has.

We could run the Bevell/Musgrave/Turner/Shurmur/DeFilippo Frankenstein offense next year, or we bring in a guy with experience to help mentor Stefanski through it all. If Stefanski had his own existing playbook then i'd get having too many cooks in the kitchen - If Stefanski had an existing attack, an existing offensive philosophy or identity than yea butting heads is a distraction. He's just not your typical offensive coordinator - Kubiak gives him a better, dedicated option than Zimmer to run ideas by. I'm sure Kubiak understands nuances of a West Coast Offense better than Zimmer and together the two can build a better playbook than Stefanski could at this point of his career by himself.